ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Control, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Media Operations, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Director of Production Operations is responsible for key leadership and direction of Production Operations including hiring, training, scheduling and overall management of personnel and facilities.
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling and overall management of Production Operations staff and facilities.
- Through reporting managers, oversees production operations personnel and facilities in support of live studio shows, specialty productions and network operations; oversees a combination of domestic and international production, network control, edit operations and the assignment of personnel and facilities.
- Recommends the procedures and processes related to supporting production operations and oversees the development of standard operating procedures for all operating functions.
- Required to participate in the planning and development for current and future production and operational needs and requirements of production operations, including but not limited to systems, workflow, staffing and facilities.
- Participates in the research of new technologies as they relate to operations; maintains a current awareness of technical developments and trends in the industry.
- Responsible for overall leadership and management of assigned teams including but not limited to; recruitment, personnel performance, and achievements in line with company priorities.
- Leads assigned teams in planning for merit, promotional, and capital budgets.
- Leads the creation and implementation of training and development programs to improve the competency of the production operations staff; evaluates the progress of the staff in their training through reporting managers.
- Expected to direct or participate in special projects that encompass productions, workflows, personnel and/or facilities.
- Expected to engage in company wide diversity & inclusion efforts
- ESPN is the World Wide Leader in Sports and the industry leader in High Definition Television production. We are looking for a proven professional to join our management team.
- Minimum 10-years of progressively complex related production and network operations experience, 7+ years in a management role.
- Proven track record of leadership and expertise in server based technologies, as well as - audio/communications, network control operations, technical directing, non-linear edit, media ingest, record and playout, specialty studio cameras, video shading and more.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of: operating standards and systems, multi-platform production equipment, signal flow and distribution
- Experience dealing in the execution of domestic and/or international productions.
- In-depth understanding of the financial implications of studio and network operations.
- Thorough knowledge of Production Operations or its equivalent area is desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Electronic Journalism or related field is preferred, with a concentration on computer systems, non-linear work flow and/or studio production.
- Preferred candidate will have operational and leadership experience in Network Operations roles, including but not limited to: Master Control; live event coordination; and the management and archiving of media files. Experience with Network level business recovery, linear and digital content acquisition and distribution, and the implementation of automation systems is desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency at television operating positions is also desired.
- Proficient in business protocol and procurement techniques as well as in-depth research and development.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Production, Management or related fields is preferred.
Job ID 612423BR