What You’ll Do
During the first 12-18 months of your role, you will have the opportunity to design and develop the future of Production at Away. You will work on a team transforming all of our core inventory, ordering, fulfillment, and financial processes on our Global ERP implementation. As the senior Production leader in the company, your thought leadership will be critical on the ERP program, building the foundation that supports all of our future business processes. Upon the successful implementation and go-live of our new processes and ERP tools, you will focus on leading the production team and building tight collaboration with your business partners in Merchandising, Finance, eCommerce, and Retail. You will be responsible for training your team on the new processes and tools, and developing a talented group of future Production leaders, allowing you to focus on more strategic priorities as the business grows.
A summary of your responsibilities includes:
- Ensuring the design of the processes supported by the ERP solution will satisfy the business process vision and future-state goals of the Supply Chain and Operations departments and Away, including (but not limited to) entity org structure, master data, vendor pricing / contracts, procurement (purchase req / purchase order), costing and BOM, inventory costing and management, go to market and critical processes, and vendor / partner integration
- Be the expert in the room when it comes to representing Production in key system and business process decisions
- Drive key ERP program deliverables related to Production, including requirements definition, process design, solution design, test planning and execution, data readiness, cutover planning and execution, and post go-live support
- Own the testing of new processes that are manual or supported by the ERP tool through test scripts for happy path and edge case business processes. Lead solution testing and user acceptance testing for the production team and ensure your team is pulled into testing activities and that they pull manufacturing partners into testing activities as required.
- Champion change management within your team by assessing org impact, proactively communicating updates and changes, delivering training and ensuring training materials enable continuous education, and driving process and system adoption within your department
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other business leads and SMEs to achieve the best system and business process solution for Awa
- Most importantly, help move the team from reactive to proactive and move from tactical to strategic!
Who You Are:
- Minimum 8 years of progressive Production and supply planning experience
- Experience in a public company is a plus.
- Experience working with an integrated ERP system, having participated in an ERP implementation is a plus.
- Understanding of master data set up and business processes including vendor management, inventory costing and management, costing and sourcing, etc.
- Strategic thinker with an understanding of the cross-functional and supply chain / operational impact of business processes
- Proven ability to influence team members and act as a change agent
- ERP experience
- Experience in Vertical Retail Industry preferred
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)