$100K — $150K *
As a key contributor to the Classroom Solution product and market strategy, the Director, Product Strategy – Classroom Solutions will work closely with the product management, corporate development, partnership, and broader classroom solution leadership teams to ensure we achieve our long-term overall portfolio vision and solution business goals. The PowerSchool Classroom solutions include LMS, Assessment, Item Content, and Special Programs. This position reports to the VP, Product Management of Classroom Solutions. As the product strategy Director, you will do deep due diligence, market research, data synthesis and analysis, anticipate market trends, and have a deep understanding of the competitive landscape for K-12 classroom education technology tools. This role identifies new opportunities, assesses the product performance in the broader landscape, and helps develop long-term strategic plans for existing and future product/solution lines.
You will have strong acumen for research and analysis, develop a deep expertise on our solutions, user personas, and buyer personas to enable working collaboratively to guide our classroom solution strategy. You will be required to articulate a clear, portfolio aligned, and innovative product/solution strategy that provides unique product value positioning, maximizing long-term corporate growth opportunities.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with leadership and management qualities that can work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Develop, facilitate, and guide long term strategy for PowerSchool Classroom Solutions including new market analysis, product key differentiators and unique selling propositions
• Deep understanding and drivers for all classroom product/solution business metrics and goals
• Strong business relationships with classroom product management, corporate development, and partnership leadership
• Demonstrated expertise of K-12 classroom education technology competitive landscape, market trends, and future growth areas with education policy and funding shifts
• Other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in education technology
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize secondary and primary research, market landscape findings, data from business results, and competitive intelligence resources
• Experience with P&L for a product/solution set, product lifecycle management, and product analytics
• Demonstrated ability in managing all aspects of product strategy – pricing, marketing, strategic partnerships
• Deep understanding of K12 District needs for classroom, learning, and instruction
• Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle models, Scaled Agile Framework
• Excellent written, verbal, editing, and presentation skills
• Highly collaborative in cross-functional teams with a deep sense of ownership and accountability
• Able to work cohesively with a team and show leadership through influence, not power
• Entrepreneurial spirit with ability think big and develop innovative ideas
• Sense of urgency and passion for winning
• Microsoft Office 365, Word and Excel proficiency
• BA/BS required
• MBA preferred
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing.
Valid through: 1/25/2022