- Manage a team of experienced test engineers who work independently but will look to you to provide administrative and technical leadership and coaching on performance and career development. You will be responsible for leading, directing and reviewing work and providing feedback to staff and contractors in disparate locations.
- Provide application production support, troubleshooting issues to determine root cause and decide whether additional test cases should be added to test plans.
- Participate in Scrum sprint planning activities to provide test estimation and determine testability.
- Provide resource planning for development programs and ensure that development programs include integration test efforts.
- Work on initiatives for continuous improvements in test processes and procedures.
- Develop testing methodologies and procedures to assure adequate test coverage.
- Collaborate with agile teams to build and test new features and capabilities while delivering the desired business impact.
- Provide thought leadership to governance activities such as prioritization of features development from a quality mindset.
- Proactively resolve upstream dependencies and resolve conflict effectively across teams.
- Advocate for process improvements through an understanding of the engineering lifecycle and previous experience.
- Work with release management team on rsee production release process, acting as gatekeeper for applications developed in-house
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Familiarity with financial systems and accounting practices is preferred for a candidate to be in consideration. Subject matter expertise in veterinary medicine is a definite plus, whether in medical functional areas or in workflow at veterinary clinics.
This role will also be looking for experience working in technology or in close engagement on components. Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field is essential, along with a deep knowledge of product quality best practices. A high degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic / ambiguous environments is needed as is the ability to prove you are skilled at balancing technical knowledge with business possibility and acumen.
Must possess the skills to work cross functionally with Management, Software Development, Engineering, Operations, and Engineering teams.
Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years’ relevant experience in the role of Director of Product Quality or Quality Assurance, with portfolio of completed projects.
- 4+ years of experience leading/managing software test or product development teams
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, writing complex queries and performance optimization
- Experience with creating test automation frameworks (e.g., Selenium, Appium, and Protractor)
- Experience with BDD (behavior driven development) test automation (e.g., Cucumber and Jasmine)
- Experience in API testing (e.g., Postman, JMeter, SoapUI, ReadyAPI, and Swagger)
- Experience in cloud technology, preferably Microsoft Azure Stack (e.g., Service Fabric cluster, Application Insights, and Cosmos DB)
- Experience with CICD (continuous integration continuous delivery)
- Experience using following software development/testing tools: Azure DevOps or Visual Studio Team Services, Visual Studio, Postman, Fiddler, and SQL Server Management Studio