Job description details
Technology is the office product of the future. Office Depot is rapidly transforming and working to meet the changing demands of our customers. We enable them with products & services they need to be successful in their workplace- whether the workplace is an office, home, school or car.
The mobile product director will coordinate the Product Management function inside Office Depot’s mobile applications team and help take Office Depot’s suite of mobile products (including Office Depot and Office Depot Business) to the next level. This position will drive a holistic shopping experience for customers using the mobile app with the goals of driving sales, brand loyalty and in support of other business priorities.
Products that this role will be responsible for include: all customer facing mobile application experiences (includes browse, search, account maintenance, product selection, availability, cross-sell/upsell, purchase, confirmation, order history, loyalty, personalized experience, copy print solutions, and new business services), and integrations with marketing platforms to support customer acquisition and retention.
* Define mobile app product strategy and roadmap that achieves market leadership.
* Provide leadership team with an objective, critical perspective on the programs and features in development, as well as the products as a whole to ensure the highest level of execution.
* Develop and communicate Product Management Best Practices for product owners, and help them become the next generation of product leaders
* Understand customer motivations & psychology to ensure a balance between the art and science of making retail / service applications
* Establish business plans with cross-functional business teams to profitably meet unmet customer needs.
* Partner with Market Research and Analytics to develop a deep understanding of our consumers, their behavior, and how we can “wow” them.
* Deliver on user and business growth goals for consumer mobile apps.
* Partner with engineering to create processes and organization that increases development throughput and impact.
* Minimum of 7years related experience in: Product Management, ecommerce, B2C and B2B, Retail, Consumer Research, Web Analytics, Software Development, Business Process Development Improvements
*Experience with scrumagile practices
* Strong analytical skills; experience with A/B testing and statistics to create a culture of data driven product design
* Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and presenting presentations to various stakeholders. Ability to effectively communicate both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders.
*Experience with structured, hypothesis-driven product improvements, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights and design experimentation
* Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects.
* Self-motivated team player that brings excitement and enthusiasm to work each day