What you get to do in this role:
As a Director Business Operations you will be a key member of a team with a passion for driving scale, effectiveness, standardization, and productivity using strategic leadership, data based problem solving, and process improvement methodologies. You will be responsible for identifying unstructured problems and opportunities, and lead the development of comprehensive strategies and solutions. The Director will need to lead enterprise wide initiatives and partner with colleagues in Business Operations and other teams from across the company to identify and implement organizational transformation that enables ServiceNow to meet its strategic goals and continued growth.
Specifically, you will effectively organize, lead, and facilitate cross-functional project teams, develop recommendations for innovating end-to-end enterprise processes and work closely with key senior leaders to effectively implement change. You will lead multiple projects in parallel and project manage the execution of recommendations by working closely with cross-functional partners to develop project strategies, identify business requirements, mitigate risk, develop and measure new process effectiveness, and iterate for continual refinement.
You should have a proven record of innovation, project management, and strategic project delivery with experience at a top-tier management consulting company and/or at a fast-growing technology company. You should be comfortable operating in a fast paced, unstructured “start-up” style, team-oriented organizational structure while leading diverse stakeholder groups.
- Identify enterprise wide improvement opportunities related to process or system based challenges.
- Create business cases and develop strategic recommendations for senior executives.
- Manage enterprise wide cross functional teams across multiple complex projects in parallel.
- Lead multiple projects maintaining responsibility for project management, team leadership, data analysis, strategy development, implementation, training, and adoption.
- Define, plan, launch, and drive strategic and operational process improvement initiatives using defined methodologies such as lean, six sigma.
- Model, analyze, prioritize and improve processes using data driven decisions, and standardize processes where applicable.
- Collaborate and innovate with teams across ServiceNow, including Sales, Support, Legal, IT, HR, Finance, and Tech & Product.
- Build capabilities in operational teams to ensure seamless transition of project execution and results.
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure consistent team development and growth
- Attention to Detail: #your favorite non-profit organization on your resume
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as STEM, Business Administration, or Economics
- 8+ years of related experience in management consulting, operations management, or similar position at a fast-growing technology company’
- 5+ years of professional experience designing and managing cross-functional projects to drive efficiency and scale
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Experience in strategic project planning and implementation including business requirement generation and process analysis & design
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing and developing cross functional teams
- Experience in developing strong relationships with top senior executives to gain their sponsorship and partnership
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and communication skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders, lead and partner across functions and teams
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing priorities and projects