Matrix Medical Network is one of the fastest growing companies in healthcare. We care profoundly for the members we serve and the work we do significantly improves their quality of life.
We are a fast growing organization with experts in recruiting, marketing, business development, operations and finance.
Every employee at Matrix contributes to our mission—by joining our Marketing team, you will act as a catalyst in helping to improve the quality of life for the members we see. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare.
The Product Director is responsible for the development, implementation, delivery, management and overall success of our products with our clients and internal stakeholders. The Product Director will also ensure the product delivers on its value proposition. The Product Director will understand, analyze and specify the needs of internal and external product stakeholders (health plans and their members) and ensure the product appropriately fulfills those needs. This position will apply communication, organization and problem solving skills to develop a comprehensive offering and ensure that we meet our business deliverables.
- Contribute expertise to strategic planning related to new product initiatives, selection of new products, and evaluation of new product components
- Understand and be able to represent how product fits into company’s overall portfolio and supports the overall mission
- Clearly defining the value proposition of the product/solution
- Creation of product strategy, product roadmaps and specification of product requirements
- On-going development of the product vision and strategy. Synthesize ideas on strategy, planning and execution of next generation of products. Building consensus and driving execution
- Lead and oversee the full product lifecycle for a suite of products or services covering concept, discovery, specification, design, build, launch, and enhancement phases
- Management of existing product lines, increasing profitability and setting of Profit and Loss goals for each product/product line. Develop and manage product’s “virtual” P&L
- Ensure the product integrates effectively into other company products/solutions
- Actively participate in the product/portfolio management process (project plans, capacity plans, dependencies, potential risks, etc.)
- Maintain product and market knowledge. Analyses and keep abreast of market trends
- Aggressively identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate new product features on an on-going basis. Define market opportunities and develop product briefs
- Lead cross-functional teams to realize product concepts and bring them to market. Work with customers and internally to define and refine product requirements
- Systematically collaborate with other departments (e.g., IT, Operations, Clinical, Account Management) in the solution development to ensure new solution design specifications can be rapidly and efficiently developed and deployed
- Provide input and expertise, as needed, representing the product in support of Business Development, Sales, and Account Management. Develop and manage relationships with customers
- Development and execution of tactical plans
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Technology or other related field required
Master’s degree or MBA preferred
Health plan or healthcare services experiencepreferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 6 years of healthcare related experience in a product development/management environment with cross-functional management and P&L exposure
- Proven ability to lead new products from idea generation to commercialization is required
- Ability to lead effectively in an ever-changing, fast-paced, rapid cycle development environment
- Excellent communication/negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a process based team environment and be customer/market oriented
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical, decision-making and project management skills with considerable tact and diplomacy
Supervisory Responsibility: No direct supervisory responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: Occassional travel (up to 25%) may be required.
Work Conditions: General office environment.
The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of this position. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the essential functions of the position.