The Product Marketing Director is responsible for driving the product marketing strategy and developing plans and product messaging for the deployment of new features and functionality for existing products as well as new products, and serves as a subject matter expert relative to the sales positioning of each. Develops sales campaigns for specific product initiatives. Proactively leverages innovative online techniques and programs to ensure the company is maximizing its online presence to support achievement of the company’s strategic initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the Product Marketing efforts for a full portfolio of software products and enhancements, including go-to-market and saturation strategy development via an understanding of industry factors, buyer personas, and competitive landscape
- Develops and manages roll-out of marketing materials.
- Identifies the relevant market facing positioning of key benefits of our products with the purpose of providing education to sales, marketing and other customer and prospect facing Greenway assets.
- Leads the development of salescampaigns, print and interactive collateral, and sales tools to promote the product features and functionality of each of the products including, but not limited to, providing technical content, illustrative thought leadership and competitive messaging.
- Provides subject matter expertise relative to our products for the purposes of preparing RFP’s, articles in industry publications and internal sales training materials.
- Provides subject matter expertise relative to the competitive aspects of our software solutions. Provides assistance in competitive positioning and targeting of users or prospects of competitive solutions.
- Delivers product related presentations and demonstrations for the purpose of developing internal sales knowledge.
- Delivers product related presentations and demonstrations for the purpose of generating sales leads. These may be done in face-to-face as well as web-based venues.
- Oversees the planning and execution of primary market research
Skills & Requirements Experience Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in related area, including 2 or more years in a similar management role.
- Ability to manage teams and resources in order to build campaigns from both the strategic and tactical perspective
- Basic understanding of Marketing Communication roles, functionality and resources
- Ability to translate product and feature capabilities into easily understood messages that can be used for multiple purposes.
- Ability to communicate product information in a concise and understandable manner that can be used by sales personnel to enhance their ability to sell.