Director, Product Marketing
at Simple Energy (View all jobs)Boulder
Simple Energy is a fast-paced, fast-growing, Boulder-based startup. We graduated TechStars in 2011 and have continued growing and improving since. We are looking for B2B marketing leader to join us in our goal to change the world by motivating and enabling our users to make energy-wise decisions.
As Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for the positioning and marketing activities around Simple Energy’s suite of products. This role sits in our Product Squad, which means you’ll partner closely with our Product Managers on a day-to-day basis. You will work to define our market position and develop go-to-market strategies for our products. You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand for our products.
- Strategy and Positioning
- Contribute to our product strategy and develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market
- Partner with the the product and sales squad on product pricing strategies
- Partner with the product squad on roadmap prioritization by providing market insights around demand and competition
- Product Marketing Launches
- Oversee new product go-to-market strategy and launch execution. This includes leading and managing all product marketing launch activities including cross-functional launch management, messaging, sales enablement, internal training, customer communication, and driving post-launch product / feature adoption
- Demand Generation Support
- Work closely with our Creative squad to ensure that product message, value, and content is consistent across all touchpoints
- Sales Enablement
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process
- Create sales content that dives deep into our product offerings that will create and drive demand for our products
- Collect customer testimonials and case studies
- Create impactful visualizations that show the various value drivers of our products
- Create effective and motivating product descriptions and frameworks to further enable our Sales team to sell them to our customers.
- Proactively reach out to customers to gather feedback to ensure our products are validated
- Market Intelligence
- Be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria
- Arm Sales with information, battle cards, and sell-against collateral
- Be the expert on your competition by staying close to them and regularly evaluating competitive product offerings
- Meet with existing and potential customers to gather data and inform our product positioning
- Continually iterate on buyer / user personas.
- Test and validate potential new offerings (features and messages) with prospects and customers
- 5+ years of demonstrated software product marketing experience with at least 2 yearsexperience in a field facing role at a technical company
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for quality
- Must be able to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits
- Highly driven and self-motivated, comfortable with autonomy and driving initiatives
- Experience leading cross-functional projects
- Ability to operate in a strategic capacity with limited supervision
- Very strong written communication skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Experience and/or knowledge of the utility and energy industries is a plus
Simple Energy does not work with 3rd party recruiters. 3rd party recruiters submitting resumes willnot be accepted or looked at.