Exactly 45 billion dollars is locked up in cash security deposits. We prove that there’s a better way. Rhino is bringing financial flexibility to renters everywhere.
We give renters a choice in a transaction that never offered choice before. We replace upfront security deposits with affordable insurance that saves renters hundreds and thousands of dollars. To date, we have saved renters over $150 million and are trusted in over 1 million homes across all 50 states.
Founded in 2017 and VC backed, Rhino's mission is to utilize technology to offer products and services that break down financial barriers and offer a win-win solution for both renters and property owners/managers alike.
The Director of Product Marketing will lead a dynamic team of product marketers that will evangelize our product internally and externally to our entire customer base. The Director of Product Marketing’s role is to synthesize market, consumer, product, and competitive inputs into driving the highest rate product adoption and product comprehension. You should be equally comfortable with thinking strategically and rolling up your sleeves in support of your position's responsibilities.
The role of the Director of Product Marketing involves performing activities such as product strategy and analysis, product positioning to target consumers, sales messaging development, competitive analysis, and product differentiation among others.
In this role you will:
- Develop product value prop, positioning, messaging and go-to-market strategy for customers, customer-facing teams, prospects, and sales
- Work with Product, the wider Marketing team, Sales, Partner Success, and cross-functional teams to gather feedback, develop, and deliver clear messaging for Rhino’s products
- Launch and promote new product to customers amplifying the message through multiple marketing channels
- Create and maintain sales collateral and training materials, including case studies, pitch decks, training guides, videos, one-sheeters, presentations, marketing landing pages, promotional videos, client emails, webinars, and more
- Create content that support our value prop and demonstrates our product and category leadership
- Develop data-driven programs and campaigns aimed that drive onboarding, activation and retention of our B2B and B2C customers
- Conduct market research and maintain pulse on competitive product offerings
- Partner with the Partner Success teams to bring new releases and major product launches into the Rhino sales playbook and drive account expansion opportunities (up-sell/cross-sell)
- Work closely with the Growth Marketing team to support campaigns that drive the pipeline
- Grow and manage a team of product marketing managers and content writers
We’re ideally seeking:
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- 8-10 years proven experience as a Product Marketing Manager or similar role
- A storyteller who can turn complex ideas into simple, visually impactful narratives
- Experience in value proposition development, product positioning, competitive monitoring and product launch process for a new or established product
- Experience owning product-line revenue, adoption and usage engagement rates for new product feature releases and launches
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- Experience conducting market, competitor, and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Experience working and sourcing freelancers to support projects and initiatives when needed
- Proven experience collaboratively working with cross-functional colleagues.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills, especially to executive leadership
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member