About the Position
Qumulo is looking for an experienced marketing leader to join our team as Director of Product Marketing. This individual will own building enterprise market awareness, consideration and demand for Qumulo File Fabric (QF2). She or he will define and execute on the company’s go-to-market strategy and oversee the development of product positioning and messaging, awareness initiatives, demand generation campaigns and sales enablement to guide enterprise users and buyers through adoption of Qumulo products.
The ideal candidate will have significant enterprise product marketing experience and a proven track record of developing and executing marketing strategy. This person will be a self-starter and who can analyze problems quickly, develop innovative solutions, communicate ideas effectively, clearly prioritize activities and deliverables and manage multiple projects in parallel. This candidate should also be comfortable developing marketing initiatives that reach IT professionals deploying enterprise storage systems in the data center and in the public cloud.
About the Company:
Qumulo is the leader in universal-scale file storage. We enable data-intensive businesses the freedom to store, manage and access file-based data in the data center and in the cloud, at petabyte and global scale. Founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS storage, our vision and proven track record in serving the modern file storage and management needs of Global 2000 customers has attracted a team of pioneers from Amazon Web Services, Google and Microsoft. The company’s flagship product, Qumulo File Fabric (QF2), is realizing rapid adoption and has resulted in trippeling of year over year revenue growth. Our mission is simple – to be the company the world trusts to store, manage and curate its data.
- Lead the development of product and solution value propositions, positioning and messaging that highly differentiates Qumulo products to enterprise storage users and buyers.
- Collaborate on GTM (go-to-market) initiatives with product management and sales leadership, including defining and executing sustained initiatives and campaigns for prioritized horizontal and vertical solutions, key channel and solution partnerships, as well as promotional product bundles and pricing offers.
- Lead the creation of sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of and competitive differentiation of Qumulo products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process.
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan, including product naming and pricing, product messaging and content creation for campaigns, field enablement and analyst and media relations.
- Synthesize market intelligence & customer insights – be the expert on our customers, who they are and what segments we serve; be the expert on the competition and the broader storage marketplace.
- Collaborate with AR/PR, digital and field marketing teams to craft an integrated strategy to drive awareness, consideration and demand against key marketing initiatives.
- Partner with finance, sales operations and other key stakeholders to define and measure success.
- Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent discipline;
- 7+ years experience in product marketing
- 5+ years of leadership experience including building and scaling teams - high growth company experiencepreferred
- Strong marketing acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ownership mindset and the ability to empower teams while staying close to the details
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to leverage data to drive strategy development and tune execution
- Customer focused
- Ability to build trust and work effectively across the organization at all levels
- Strong communicator - verbal and written
Qumulo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.