Director, Product Marketing - Performance Management
Marketing Seattle, Washington
At ExtraHop, we create great products and drive them to market because we give talented employees the freedom to be intellectually curious and creative. We seek a diversity of perspectives and foster employee quirkiness and spunk to help drive innovation. Every ExtraHop employee knows that we’re all in this together and that work is an important part of life so it should be fun.
As the Director, Product Marketing - Performance Management, you will be the owner of all aspects of ExtraHop’s core business and marketing activities. We’re looking for someone who wants to accelerate the growth of the next big business at for ExtraHop, isn’t afraid of a highly visible role, and can establish ExtraHop as a leader within the market.
This position requires a solid understanding of the networking, security and analytics. The ideal candidate will be able to understand market needs, work with customers, sales, product management and other stakeholders todevelop and clearly articulate the needs of the market and how they align with the unique value that ExtraHop provides. This encompasses product positioning, messaging, product strategy, content plans, and execution of product marketing programs.
- Provide cross-functional leadership for ExtraHop
- Assess ExtraHop's opportunity in the enterprise market and optimize our product-market fit
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates ExtraHop in the market
- Ensure that the ExtraHop value proposition is specifically tuned to the security market and resonates withcustomers, analysts and partners
- Effectively communicate ExtraHop’s position to sales, channel partners, customers, and analysts
- Create sales tools and training:
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling of ExtraHop’s products
- Create customer case studies with input from sales team to document application stories for key target customers and train sales team on the concepts
- Work with our compete team to conduct competitive analysis and market research, and produce market insight reports and detailed competitive analysis
- Develop compelling campaigns and content in collaboration with internal stakeholders that will help drive customer engagement, thought leadership, and content marketing
- 10+ years of product marketing experience with B2B technology companies
- Solid understanding of applications and IT infrastructure
- Experience working with sales, customers, and analysts in presenting the company position and products
- Experience in marketing products and services to enterprises, service providers, and channel partners
- Previous success in the development and the execution of integrated product marketing plans
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third party agencies
- Excellent presentation skills
- Willing to travel 20%
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. MBA is a plus.
- Prior experience in B2B enterprise technology marketing
- Technical aptitude coupled with an enthusiasm for technology and the ability to translate this into compelling narratives
- Passion for analyzing products, customers, and market dynamics
- Strong writing and communication skills with the ability to create exceptional content and comfortably engage with sales, customers, and partners
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines