- Lead a team of product marketing managers responsible for the overall product marketing strategy for New Relic's set of six products (APM, Infrastructure, Browser, Mobile, Synthetics, Insights), informed by market, industry and competitive insights – and use it to align and energize key stakeholders and team members responsible for the overall business.
- Mentor and grow our talented product marketing managers while creating an environment for your team, and all of the teams they work with, to be successful.
- Drive extremely tight and valuable relationships with our Sales and Technical Sales leaders by having your team deliver the right assets (in person or electronically) at the right time.
- Work with your team, in collaboration with Marketing and Product Management, to define a detailed, rolling 4-quarter product marketing roadmap based on the product and marketing strategy and drive the alignment of key actions to deliver on the roadmap; adjust the roadmap as needed based on key metrics, market forces, and changes in execution resources.
- Lead the business during the full product lifecycle – from initial launch, to delivery, to end of life – collaborating with other teams across the company, including Product Management, Sales, Technical Sales, Support, and Marketing counterparts.
- Communicate a clear set of business priorities and customer imperatives at all times and actively work with the extended team to drive key trade-off decisions.
- Establish business metrics (win / loss ratio, revenue attribution, average selling price, etc.) and key customer/market research questions and work with market research (or build your own process) to gather key customer insights to inform product positioning and messaging. Maintain an active view of key competitors and their anticipated next moves. Deeply engage other parts of the company in this process.
- Own the process and delivery of the customer-facing product and roadmap presentations on a quarterly basis with the team.
- Collaborate with Sales Management, Marketing, Finance, and other relevant teams to provide the market context and key drivers that feed the revenue forecast and longer-term outlook and TAM. Actively engage and solve for business limiters within your control and passionately pursue accelerants.
- Coach your team on meticulously thinking through every aspect of the overall customer experience, putting users' needs first in the definition of requirements. Continuously seek improvements to the sales motion working with the Sales, Marketing and Sales enablement teams to better drive the business and/or key metrics.
- Serve as key spokesperson for the business, delivering clear, compelling communications up and across New Relic and outside the company to position your product for success and garner any support required to successfully execute the business. Actively support ongoing marketing activities in partnership with Marketing and the Sales team.
Skills and Experience:
- Several years of experience managing product marketing managers
- Deep empathy for DevOps, Dev, or Ops personas, ideally in the application performance monitoring market
- Experience with cloud native, datacenter, and hybrid infrastructure and applications
- Experience working in medium-to-large software companies
- Experience working on or managing enterprise/business-to-business products
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead via influence, patience and determination
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including data analysis