The Product Marketing function at Lytx is responsible for deeply understanding the market dynamics and developing and implementing effective marketing strategies and plans. This is a high-visibility role that aligns with executive leadership, marketing, product management, sales, operations, finance, and client services teams to help us differentiate and lead in our category. As the Director of Product Marketing, you need to be comfortable playing both leadership and strategic roles from driving product marketing plans, positioning with key executives, presenting on stage or webinars to collaborating cross-functionally.
- Define product marketing strategy, filter and distill information to help the team focus on the right business objectives.
- Deliver strategic leadership to the product marketing team by managing cross-functional business cases, aligning stakeholders, influencing and resending to all levels of team members.
- Provide coaching and/or professional development to help contributors grow professionally.
- Gather and analyze information and create alignment across the organization to execute effective go-to market strategies and initiatives.
- Align product marketing objectives with corporate communications and brand initiatives.
- Partner with Product Management to influence the strategy of the product roadmap, lead high-profile product launches and feature releases as well as guide product from inception through end-of-life.
- Lead and drive the competitive global pricing strategy to manage the mix of revenue and profit in order to achieve a strong market position and ensure competitive advantage across the entire product portfolio, while meeting Lytx business goals.
- Contribute strategic insights to marketing campaigns that will secure mindshare across the buyer's journey and empower sales and client success teams to effortlessly up- and cross-sell our products and services.
- Oversee and guide the team to craft highly-differentiated value propositions, positioning, and messaging that will serve as the foundation for promotional and sales content, marketing campaigns, and partner support in a competitive marketplace.
- Ensure we are actively leveraging market research to understand client needs, prospect and buyer personas, market trends and competitive landscape in order to guide positioning, inform campaign planning and educate employees.
Our ideal candidate has these qualities:
- Proven capability to lead a cohesive team passion for nurturing and developing talent
- A mindset for innovation and change
- Natural cross-functional leadership capable of bringing people together to align on key go-to-market decisions
- Talent to easily understand and translate complex technical detail in a way that is understood by the market – must know how to create simplicity out of complexity
- Thinks big-picture, but still has an eye for detail
- Has impeccable communication skills, is creative and naturally charismatic and poised in front of audiences that include clients, employees, and executive leaders
- Is process-oriented and knows how to streamline for efficiencies
- Ability to work with and provide feedback to effectively align cross-functional stakeholders
What does a strong candidate look like?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 12+ years of Product Marketing experience and 5+ years leading a marketing team
- Experience marketing B2B SaaS products (hardware experience a plus)
- Experience working in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to lead, influence and collaborate cross-functionally
- Substantial proficiency with telematics, high-tech trends (such as machine vision, artificial intelligence) and industries (IoT, connected vehicles and, big data) is preferred