We are seeking a Director of Product Marketing to sit in Grubhub’s New York office. This individual will play a key leadership role within our marketing team. You will be responsible for retention goals and programs and will be empowered to create the strategy and tactics necessary to succeed. You will work closely with Product team on launching new channel capabilities and execute breakthrough campaigns with the Creative team and agencies across email, site, display, direct mail and other channels. You will work on the contact strategy and partner with internal stakeholders and vendors to ensure smooth campaign execution, while improving the effectiveness of your marketing.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop customer contact strategies, programmatic triggers, and a pipeline of experiments that will drive incremental orders for Grubhub.
- Develop, implement and manage programs to increase customer spend and maximize lifecycle retention
- Manage annual sales and cost forecasts and corresponding budgets
- Initiate, execute and analyze creative and promotional tests carried out via email, mobile push notification and display channels with goal of engaging customers, driving repeat orders and increasing ROI
- Vet and manage new and existing vendor relationships in line with monthly budgets
- Oversee and develop 2 direct reports on the Retention Marketing team
- Communicate results to cross-team partners and executive leadership team
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s in a quantitative field and 8-10 years of experience in digital marketing. Hands-on experience developing CRM programs, especially in the email and push notifications channels, are a plus.
- Passion for applying analytical methods to determine success: A/B testing, statistical analysis, Google Analytics.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you’re driver of change, the one to inspire the team to take risks, learn quickly - and systematically improve.
- Experience working side by side with engineers and product managers to design experiences that span across marketing channels and apps.
- Proficiency in Excel - you should love VLOOKUP and pivot tables. Experience with Tableau and SQL is a plus.
- You must be comfortable with change and disruption, and excited by imagining the “art of the possible” and dreaming up new ideas for breakthrough marketing.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced setting while maintaining a laser-like focus on the details.
- 4+ years of leadership experience. Experience growing small, scrappy teams into well-organized, well-oiled groups that leverage the strengths of each contributor and challenge them deliver at their potential and above their current skillset.
- Excellent communications, organization, team-work and follow-up skills