Director Product Marketing & Growth Strategy
MarketPro has partnered with a global leader in the specialized payment services space to initiate a search for Director Product Marketing.
Located in Atlanta, GA this entrepreneurial brand serves millions of commercial cardholders across the globe and manages relationships with more than 800 partners, ranging in size from multi-billion dollar brands to small and medium businesses.
We are seeking an experienced leader to own product strategy, innovation, development, and marketing within our Global Card, POS Innovation and Mobile Solutions.
We are searching for candidates who can successfully lead the development and execution of a product strategy to drive significant and sustainable growth for these businesses. You should be a broadly skilled product & marketing executive who brings both strategic & innovative thinking to identify opportunities and establish the vision as well as the cross-functional executional capabilities to successfully achieve it.
• Championing innovative solutions to market opportunities, and align the cross functional capabilities and the investor community towards pursuit of projects that maximize long term value
• Develop segment needs based on regions and verticals, market trends and disruptions, competitive activities, and regulatory changes that inform the enhancement / development of products and solutions
• Build a strategy to deliver innovative product/service solutions in today’s emerging payments landscape and under a challenging regulatory environment. Determines effective ways to deliver a complete solution to an identified market opportunity and looks for ways to fill gaps.
• Become an expert in the emerging payments space and its challenges/opportunities.
• Develop an innovation pipeline based on consumer insights (e.g. unmet needs), market trends, business strategies and capabilities.
• Develop and introduce new product variations which grow sales by targeting new segments or better serving existing customer segments.
• Develop strategic road-map for enhancement of product features & functionality. Assess competitor offerings and market demands; develop prioritized plan to enhance products against those needs.
• Develop, maintain, and enhance product marketing strategy including…positioning strategy, case studies, and other materials to promote the products.
• Lead the cross-functional roll-out of new products or features from sales to IT to operations.
• Identify and evaluate new opportunities to grow the business
• Proactively manage new product / partnership idea pipeline that anticipates and/or responds to merchant, acquirer and eco system stakeholder needs, market trends and competitive threats.
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or a related field. Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred
• 8-10 years of experience managing and delivering results in a product management, market research, consulting and/or operations leadership role within payments, prepaid, financial services and/or FinTech industries.
• 7+ years of progressive experience in building products or in the payments space
• Proven skills finding new opportunities and new revenue streams for existing product solutions
• Creative spark – in product innovation, product management, and finding ways to get things done
• Ambitious and resourceful. Results oriented both short-term and long-term.
• Innovation and growth-oriented – continuous focus on identifying new step-change and incremental opportunities to drive business growth.
• Deep customer focus – ability to segment market, identify key customer needs, and design product solutions to meet those needs
• Rigorous execution capabilities. Ability to influence across organization and manage detailed plan to successfully achieve results.
• Strong quantitative analytical capabilities
• Thrives in rapidly changing, growing, and less structured environment