Key responsibilities include:
- Partner closely with product and service teams to identify the service value proposition, create a compelling story and help to bring that story to market.
- Create unassailable proof points and significant competitive differentiation.
- Deeply understand the U.S. healthcare industry landscape, including key trends and industry shifts.
- Leverage the data in the nation’s largest medical records network to identify areas of focus for customer performance improvement and craft strategies to drive improved customer results as we move towards more customers being managed under risk-based programs.
- Understand the competition and crush them.
- Provide market analysis and collaborate with the product teams to evolve athenahealth’s revenue cycle roadmap
- Partner with the enablement team to drive the development of training and education materials for prospect-facing teams across all segments and specialties.
- Be a client expert for marketing and communications efforts - understanding client segments, profiles, and motivators
Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Demonstrate an ability to lead without explicit authority
- Be a driving force for progress and achievement of program goals by aligning teams with clear definition of success, ferreting out roadblocks and dependencies, and doing what it takes to unblock progress
- Develop deep relationships with Product Management and product leadership to become a trusted advisor.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Confidence in interacting with all levels of product and marketing leadership to drive a point of view around the future of the product and go-to-market campaigns
- Strong background in messaging complex products, impeccable writing skills and a knack for establishing competitive differentiation
- Solid technical knowledge foundation with the ability to translate technical content into business value for internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience in leading all aspects of a product launch including setting the goals, assembling the virtual team and creating all of the required content.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and conduct detailed, substantive market and product research in order to understand our products, competitor’s products, and the market we inhabit
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA strongly preferred
- At least five years of professional experience, including at least three years of product marketing experience
- Experience in the healthcare marketplace preferred