Director, Product Marketing – DevOps
This position reports to: Vice President, Product Marketing
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our products, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking an action-oriented, visionary product marketer who is craving to be part of a great company in a fast-growing industry. We need someone that will thrive as an individual contributor on our talented product team. ServiceNow is a natural platform to support our customers’ DevOps strategies. Our customers leverage what they already have in the Now Platform™ and combine that with integrations with market-leading DevOps tools to provide end-to-end performance visibility, from ideation to operation. The Director, Product Marketing, DevOps will be responsible for driving key elements of vision, messaging, and execution of our DevOps go-to-market. This position reports to the Vice President, Product Marketing.
The ideal candidate demonstrates success in developing compelling value propositions, messaging, content, go-to-market strategies, and marketing plans across customer segments, from large, global enterprises to small-and-medium-sized businesses. Candidate has previously advanced the maturity and growth of customers (usage and share of wallet) throughout a technology lifecycle with a proven technology vendor. The candidate has a strong background in product marketing.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work across teams to develop messaging, value propositions, and supporting collateral that describe the unique benefits of ServiceNow for IT organizations and the implications for the future of work.
- Partner with product management to achieve a shared understanding for the future of IT and desired product direction for ServiceNow that is executed through solutions, products, and messaging.
- Define and execute product marketing programs and operational deliverables - including but not limited to product launches, product specific programs (i.e., campaigns), pricing updates, and enablement materials for sales and partners.
- Educate the analyst community so they understand how to properly communicate ServiceNow value propositions to their clients and accurately represent ServiceNow relative to the competition.
- Meet with Customers, Sales, Solution Consultants, and Partners to understand the needs of customers and partners for earning greater mindshare.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Sales, Solution Consulting, and Product Marketing to produce content, curriculum, and other materials aligned with growth strategies.
- Help identify, support and manage key conferences and events.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Natural empathy for, and understanding of, needs of customers across multiple types of organizations.
- Proven ability for driving traction and programs that ensure success of an extended ecosystem, designed to scale.
- The ability to generate ideas for how our products can make our customers and partners more successful.
- Keen understanding of partner business models and the ability to collaborate with them on how ServiceNow can help them grow their businesses.
- Passion about our products and the possibilities of shaping the future of how people work.
- 12+ years of product marketing or product management experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Director or Senior Director of Product Marketing (or Product Management), in a multi-national enterprise software company.
- 7+ years of experience with technology products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of the Developer (and/or DevOps in particular) community, IT buyers and experience with SaaS technologies essential
- Must be comfortable with social media and community participation
- Very strong written communication skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Must be a high-impact individual, dynamic speaker, and leader.
- Up to 25% travel to support sales efforts and industry events.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive workenvironment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.