Chegg is looking for an experienced and results-oriented Product Marketing Director to lead product marketing efforts for our Chegg Services subscription and textbook products. This Product Marketing Director has built high performing product marketing teams and has owned and developed end-to-end integrated go-to-market and growth-oriented marketing plans and possesses deep expertise in B2C conversion funnel optimization. Success in this role requires a highly analytical product marketer with deep experience optimizing conversion funnels, fluency in cross-promotion and upgrade user flows, and experience developing go-to-market plans for growth products.
You will interface with key partners across product, marketing, analytics, business, brand, and other functional areas to execute and deliver against marketing and business objectives, while building a high performing team of Product Marketing Managers.
- Manage Product Marketing team based in the US and abroad as they develop, operationalize and drive the execution of integrated multi-channel marketing plans and programs, and optimization of their conversion funnels
- Partner closely with key business, product and cross-functional leads to develop, execute and measure initiatives and KPIs aligned to overall goals of the Monetization group
- Collaborate with Analytics to continually and rapidly test, evaluate, and optimize segments, programs, channels, and conversion funnels.
- Develop and refine student-facing product positioning, messaging and content for Chegg Services and Textbooks products, working closely with Product Management, Consumer Insights and User Experience Research teams.
- Maintain clear and consistent cross-team communication, performance monitoring and reporting, including leadership and executive-level engagement.
- Successfully manage and prioritize immediate, mid-term and long-term projects and initiatives.
- 10+ years' experience in product marketing management or equivalent within consumer product/service companies and brands in roles directly accountable for the marketing of a product, product line or subscription service.
- Mobile and desktop product marketing experience
- Deep knowledge and expertise optimizing conversion funnels and performance across marketing channels and sub-channels (i.e. SEO, SEM, display, remarketing, social, on-site, etc.).
- Strong analytical background and analysis capabilities with direct experience successfully managing and optimizing marketing investments to achieve P&L and ROI targets and objectives.
- Experience working collaboratively and highly cross-functionally in a marketing management lead capacity and as an internal/external evangelist for the organization.
- Demonstrable experience successfully planning, developing and executing marketing plans that include product/market research and analysis, sales and user acquisition, retention and engagement marketing programs.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills; ability to simplify complex concepts and information, and clearly inform and influence others.