This leader will define, create, and implement the strategy and vision for Imperva’s strong positioning and cohesive messaging for the company’s rapidly-evolving application security solutions. The role will include strategic planning and initiatives, team management, and communication/delivery of strategy and innovation initiatives to the executive leadership team. The team leader will also collaborate with cross-functional executive leadership to ensure Imperva’s accelerated growth.
The successful candidate must express credibility in technical knowledge and a demonstrated ability to partner closely with the technology organization. This is an opportunity for a dynamic product marketing leader to join a successful security company and drive substantial growth. This leader will be armed with truly differentiated products and superior technology along with a fully supportive executive team on a mission to transform the way companies protect their evolving applications.
- Define and create content strategies, execution activity and reporting and analytics capability.
- Develop presentation materials and board decks to articulate the strategy and story to present to the executive leadership team and the Board of Directors.
- Manage and mentor existing international team, including leadership development for senior members of the team.
- Monitor business metrics in regard to revenues, profitability, market share. and product mix.
- Conduct competitive analysis and intelligence, and have complete comprehension of the marketplace, including market research and roadmap input.
- Develop effective strategies and tactics to up-sell and cross-sell existing customers on new products and services.
Year One Success:
Success is evaluated on several factors, including:
- For each solution, deliver stellar messaging and positioning for each customer segment and region, and become a valuable resource for the sales team.
- Become indispensable to the roadmap development and sales process by leading a team that builds strong relationships and collaborations with the sales and product teams.
- Establish credibility with the engineering team and develop strong relationships and collaborations with the technology organization.
- Identifying, developing and championing new multi-million dollar opportunities to drive growth in bookings.
The ideal candidate will be a data-driven leader with a history of exceptional accomplishment driving demand in a rapidly growing security company with a complex portfolio of products. S/he will have a successful track record as a content creator and thought leader in high growth security organizations. This leader has built and scaled organizations and hired and led a team of “A” players, while successfully elevating the brand.
S/he is extremely focused and capable of creating an evolving strategy to meet and anticipate both near and long-term opportunities. The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating in a challenging multi-product environment, with the ability to embrace change while continuing to delight the customer. Additionally, this individual will work cross-functionally with a collaborative nature to develop and communicate strategy to foster support across the business and drive growth.
DOMAIN EXPERTISE AND EDUCATION:
- Strong track record in developing use cases within a multi-product environment.
- Demonstrated experience defining and deploying content creation strategies across product portfolios. Background creating and delivering thought leadership content, including client and keynote presentations.
- Proven success record of partnering with sales to drive increases in bookings and sales.
- Track record of partnering with engineering and product leaders to effectively align business and technology objectives.
- History of designing and implementing a go-to-market strategy and execution plan for products, solutions and portfolios, net new logo business and whitespace.
- Data-driven analysis for pricing, packaging, roadmap input, customer acquisition and retention.
- Track record of driving a metrics-oriented, highly accountable organization focused on measurable outcomes.
- External communications expertise aligned to different sales stages and increasing close rates.
- Has vision, serving as a driver to enable a team.
- Relationship acumen: ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership and active mentor with a track record of hiring and inspiring A+ players.
- Upholds the corporate culture while building and scaling a world-class company.
- Strong personality who can effectively partner with engineering and product leaders.
- Possesses the ability to influence without authority.
- Organizes complex projects, enrolls the right talent, monitors progress and holds people accountable for success.
- Excellent at anticipating challenges and obstacles to achieving goals, analyzing potential risks and developing insights into situations, applying innovative solutions to address root causes.
- Builds coalitions of support through give-and-take interactions, gaining cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
- Selects “battles” wisely and compromises appropriately, inviting other points of view and anticipating reactions and objections of others.
- Communicates clearly, regularly, and appropriately.
- Fosters an open work environment and generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment.
- Dedicated to creating an incredible customer experience.
- Upholds the core values of the Imperva organization: ownership, energy, agility & speed, service, being human.
- Able to take a laser approach to high value-projects.
- Steady, supportive, and naturally collaborative.
- Business maturity, persistence, adaptability, and work ethic/drive.
- Intellectually curious, problem solver, eager to learn, a persuasive and charismatic change agent.