The next big thing in data is you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for Client HDD product definition by working closely with customers and engineering team.
- Articulate value proposition of solution proposed and develop the business case for the product
- Develop and maintain PRD and feature requirements of the product, efficient trade-off of features against time to market priorities.
- Develop & maintaining market-focused GTM plans that clearly communicate product positioning, enablement plans, ramp profile
- Maintaining clear and timely communication around the health, priorities, and trade-offs of the product line, across all levels of the organization to drive best-in-class execution over the lifecycle of our products – from development to end-of-life
- Represent the BU and customer requirements while working closely in a cross functional setting
- Assist in crafting customer-facing product collateral, messaging and marketing tools for customer facing teams
- Analyze market size, and customer data to drive product plans and product strategies
- Leading key initiatives that focus on cross-functional, specific customer or business challenges and help with processes improvements across the organization
- Strong knowledge of HDD, SATA, SAS, PCIe, or other storage protocols.
- Relevant experience in HDD development, Firmware, HW or product architecture to help understand and define next generation products
- Key knowledge of Surveillance ecosystem, chipset and OS requirements
- Demonstrated ability to grasp complex financial details, technical, and marketing information to develop product plans and strategies
- Strong product management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Strong communication and presentation abilities including to senior management
- Demonstrated eye for business and critical thinking skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and working across multiple time zones and locations
- Ability to travel both domestically, internationally and spend considerably amount of time working closely with customers.
- 10-12 years of Client PC, Surveillance, Smart Video, Storage and planning experience.
- Required: Bilingual in English and Mandarin.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering
- MBA/MS preferred
- Prior Product Management and Planning experience, working knowledge of HDD or, Devices, Storage protocols and OEM Marketing experience is a plus
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL®
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, storage was the most important thing we could do for data. Now, we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and government organizations come to us for the technologies and solutions needed to bring meaning and value to their ever-increasing diversity of data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your unique skills. You can be the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click