Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us. Every retailer is trying to unlock the potential of stores. Gap Inc. is currently in the midst of a transformation program and looking at new opportunities to better leverage our vast field workforce. Our many advantages include: scale, leading brands, a large customer base and a significant base of technical expertise and capability.
Gap Inc. is seeking a Director of Product Management, Talent Optimization to reimagine how our field talent is supported and deployed in stores across our family of brands. This individual will report to the Senior Director of Product Management, Stores. This role will create solutions that are grounded in customer research and solve customer and business problems, while delivering earnings to the company and coordinate between brands, technologists, labor managers, HR and senior executives. This role requires you to be very strategic.
We’re seeking a talented, eager, flexible individual with a passion for understanding our business and driving an ambitious agenda for change in the talent space. Responsibilities will include: evolving the roadmap for all aspects of technology supporting talent for our 3,000+ stores. Support to move forward this agenda will be provided by 2-3 Product Managers reporting to this role.
What you get to do:
- Identify and evaluate new customer and employee business opportunities
- Create a multi-phase product roadmap
- Lead IT project team through the agile development process of large, complex projects as the business owner
- Lead business teams through business readiness and implementation activities
- Implement a test and learn strategy in the talent space to prove benefits of new capabilities
- Lead and support a team of 2-3 Product Managers
- Introduce change effectively and to be strategic
What you need to be successful:
- Strong communications and issue resolution skills
- Strong quantitative analysis skills – the ability to understand and quantify business benefits, including business case development and measurement
- Great planning and prioritization skills – illustrated by your track record in managing significantly complex initiatives in the past
- Ability to build relationships across the organization with a diverse set of stakeholders including senior leaders
- Deep expertise in Workforce Management methodologies and systems
- 5-7 years experience in product management related roles and activities
- Digital and retailexperience
- Understand emerging competitors/Industry trends
- Experience working in an agile and / or lean environment
- Experience leading a team
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.