Reporting to the President of Zurn, the Director of Product Management is a highly strategic and encompassing role that is responsible for managing and leading a team of product managers that encompass all Zurn markets and product categories. Success will be measured by revenue growth, gross margin, and the ability to meet customer and company performance objectives.
• Build a world-class product management team that puts customers first and delivers successful and innovative strategies to fulfill customer needs and sustainably grow the businesses.
• Customer Insight and Market Intelligence
• Direct the development of timely business, economic, market and competitive intelligence analysis to support strategic planning initiatives and penetrate new markets.
• Be close to the customer, deeply understand voice of customer (VOC) needs, and measure ongoing customer satisfaction.
• Product Strategy and Plans
• Oversee development of the Zurn product strategies, planning and execution throughout the lifecycle including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining product roadmaps, working closely with engineering, sales, marketing, operations and supply chain to ensure that revenue, margin and customer satisfaction goals are met.
• Clearly define what winning looks like and employ key business metrics to prioritize and define the product/project initiatives.
• Define and integrate the benefits of IoT, eCommerce, and big data analytics to create market differentiation and improve overall solution value.
• Ensure clear and robust product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market. Define key buyers and influencers and assist Marketing to develop compelling messaging approaches.
• Optimize product scope through each distribution channel through the use of 80/20 processes.
• Go to Market
• Build and oversee Go-to-Market teams that develop high impact, fully integrated sales and marketing programs that deliver growth, market leadership, and awareness.
• Establish pricing strategy to meet revenue and profitability goals, including base product pricing, option bundling & pricing, and channel based pricing strategies
• Oversee pricing compliance processes and activities
• Process Excellence
• Own and drive improvements in the Product Lifecycle Management Process (PLCM) to define the product strategy and create product development roadmap.
• Utilize Rexnord Business System (RBS) for effective process development, problem solving and countermeasure activities.
• Elevate and strengthen the core competency and capability of the product management team through coaching, guidance, and professional development.
• Proven management skills to deliver high performance results while maintaining a highly motivated team.
• Experience managing successful product management and channel management teams and strategies across along multiple remote locations.
• Highly motivated self-starter with strong marketing and project management skills.
• Proven business and analytical skills to conduct market analysis, financial modeling and business case development (with the ability to balance technology, marketing and engineering scenarios), and demonstrated success in developing and executing GTM plans.
• 10-15 years of results-oriented experience in an industrial marketing or industrial product management environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering required. An MBA is highly desired.
Capabilities and Success Factors
• Resources to build strong innovation portfolio and capitalize on new business opportunities
• Challenges the organization to generate and implement breakthrough ideas and solutions
• Anticipates and addresses the downstream financial impact of key decisions
• Creates sense of urgency throughout organization on importance of meeting customer needs
• Synthesizes information from many sources to arrive at a deep understanding of complex issues
• Passion and talent for creating and selling great products that are technically excellent, easy to install and maintain, and are highly reliable