Does the thought of participating in disruptive change get your blood flowing? Do you naturally gravitate to the spirited debates within open source communities on IRC? Are you ready to jump in feet-first and work with a team that's defining the next generation of computing?
Docker, the open platform for distributed apps, is looking for a Director of Product Management for its open source operations and enterprise tooling. In this role you'll be shaping the direction of Engine, Swarm and our other tools. You will need to understand how sysadmins do their work inside large enterprises and be this voice to our teams here at Docker and to the wider open source community. It requires an individual who relishes the open dialog and debate characteristic of open source communities and possesses good product and people instincts. As a start-up in an emerging market, Docker promises that the only constant is growth and change, and successful candidates will appreciate this as a once-in-decade opportunity.
We're looking for someone who wants to
- Engage with the open source community of users, contributors, and maintainers to discuss, debate, and define the direction of the Docker platform.
- Ferret-out, understand, and represent the voice of enterprise developers and sysadmins in the broader community discussion.
- Represent and evangelize the project's direction to other functions in the company, including Sales, Marketing, and Business Development.
- Work closely with other product teams to manage cross-product dependencies.
- Have an outsized impact on a fast-growing company with millions of users
- Learn from smart and interesting colleagues from across the world
- Drive decisions using data; from user needs to user interface design to new product introductions
- 7 years of experience in a technical role, whether as a product manager, designer, software developer or similar
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent technical degree required.
- A nose and love for great products.
- A passion for understanding users and their experiences with products.
- Deep understanding of open source communities, their evolution, and their dynamics.
- Experience as a contributor or maintainer in open source projects.
- As adept holding forth on IRC and mailing lists as you are IRL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; you are able to write user stories to blog posts, provide input on market analysis, and deliver content for quarterly business reviews.
- Hands-on experience as a developer and/or sysadmin, preferably in an enterprise.