Your mission is to ensure Sephora’s wildly popular Play! business is able to scale up to meet the demands of the market, our business, and most importantly our clients. With a dual focus on scaling up the existing program, which includes our overall partnership strategy, while also ensuring the ability to innovate with new concepts, this role is critical to ensuring we are enabled with best-in-class technology solutions, along with rapidly evolving business processes, to support our current business and drive tremendous innovation and growth. By partnering with a wide spectrum of business teams—from marketing to supply chain and everyone in between, , you’ll develop a strategy and vision, and translate this in to a multi-year roadmap and seek out the tools, technologies, and partners Sephora needs to deliver an amazing experience for our clients across all channels and touch-points. While you will possess the ability to move at an extremely rapid pace and to pivot quickly when needed, you will also be the calm in the storm of innovation, speed, and changing priorities, to ensure we are delivering against the right short-term and long-term projects. Deep experience in digital and retail product management is critical.
- Define product strategy – Capture and define vision, objectives, and priorities of our Play! and overall sampling strategies– including existing programs and technologies and on-going innovation. Work with business leaders across the organization (Marketing, Digital, Mobile, Supply Chain, Retail, etc.) to identify and define the needs and opportunities and determine go-to-market strategies, including success metrics, for both long-term and short-term initiatives
- Own the roadmap – Define requirements of pilots, especially needs and requirements of training and education for the store cast members. Collaborate with business leads to execute and analytics team to track and report on success of store digital pilots. Use business performance insights to monitor and determine next steps.
- Manage and grow product management team – Manage existing team of high-performing product managers and grow and evolve your team to anticipate and meet business needs
- Thought leadership – Collaborate with key executive stakeholders, balancing competing interests and needs across the organization to arrive at a clear vision, communicating effectively and aligning various partners along the way
- Required: Strong product management background, with 7-10 years’ experience in product management, including previous experience managing product teams
- Required: Strong relationship management, leadership, strategic thinking and communication skills, including executive-level communication and compelling “story-telling”
- Required: Proven ability to effectively partner with technology at all levels to consistently deliver high-quality experiences, tools and solutions of every size
- Omnichannel retail experience highly desirable, bonus points for experience launching and growing new digital and retails concepts and businesses from idea to scale
- Superior relationship-building, communication and negotiation skills within cross-functional teams
- Curiosity and passion to understand the needs of the Sephora client and business, and an ability to identify and articulate opportunities
- Nimble and flexible with regards to changing priorities & business needs, and in influencing cross-functional teams. Proven multi-tasking skills, ability to meet critical deadlines