The Product Department builds financial products and user experiences that customers and internal users rave about. Our job starts with identifying user needs, exploring the feasibility of solutions to those needs, and evaluating the business case viability of the preferred solution. We then work with different departments to build and launch the solution. Once we launch a product, we continuously monitor and improve it. A good product manager is very user centered, analytical and technologically savvy. Our product management philosophy centers around test-and-learn, design thinking and agile.
As a Director of Product Management at OnDeck, you will:
- Develop, own and execute strategy for OnDeck's application experience and originations infrastructure.
- Own the product roadmap and be accountable for driving meaningful impacts to the bottom line in partnership with the revenue and operations teams.
- Manage a team of four product managers.
- Be responsible for on-going development, enhancements and overall management of existing software and platforms.
- Lead the deployment of OnDeck's next generation application and originations infrastructure and experience.
- Partner with agile teams to deliver innovative features and functionality, ensure the teams have a healthy backlog and be the voice of customer in the room for the agile team.
- Set expectations with a diverse set of stakeholders across revenue, operations, legal, compliance, risk, and other product managers.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- At least 8 years of Product Management experience.
- Prior managerial experience, preferably overseeing the career development of at least one product manager.
- A user-centric mindset and drive to deliver the best possible solutions for your customers.
- Experience partnering and building strong relationships with Technology to test, build, launch and grow transformative financial platforms
- Strong communication skills across stakeholders, technologists, data scientists, and senior management.
- Data-driven approach to understanding user behavior and discovering and evaluating product opportunities.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Experience following test and learn frameworks to drive product evolution.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Computer Science/Technical degree is not required but background in a computational or engineering related field is a plus.
- Background delivering customer-facing experiences.