Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec's Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
About the Consumer Business Unit
LifeLock + Norton represents the consumer business unit of Symantec, the global leader in cybersecurity for consumers, small businesses, and large global enterprises. Symantec's Consumer BU provides security sofware and services to over 50 million consumers and small businesses, and generates over $2B in annual revenue. With a 25-year history in cybersecurity, the Consumer BU is passionate about protecting consumers and their information by continued leadership in Security, Identity, Privacy and Home & Family areas.
As a Director, Product Management in the Consumer Business Unit, you will manage one or more products within the Norton Emerging Products portfolio and also help shape the integrated Cyber Safety product strategy. This portfolio consists of Norton 360 with LifeLock, Norton Privacy Manager (a Norton Labs initiative), Norton Services, Norton Safe Search, Norton Family, Norton Password Manager, etc. These are consumer-facing products in the Consumer BU portfolio that target key adjacencies around Security and Protection. Besides these products the future portfolio will also consist of other new product additions made through innovation efforts that you will be expected to lead.
This role requires setting vision/direction for own product areas, along with ongoing development and delivery of product/service roadmaps and working with a horizontal cross-functional team to deliver highly competitive and differentiated offerings in a timely manner. The Director of Product Management will be responsible end-to-end for product/service strategy and ongoing releases.
- Set the vision for products/product areas and drive end-to-end execution with cross-functional teams
- Be the visionary thoughtful leader that can bring together multiple points of views and align on logical decisions with speed
- Someone with adequate attention to detail yet ability to manage direct and indirect team members effectively via coaching, mentoring and motivation
- Strong ability to understand own/new product markets really well including identification of potential technologies, best practices, competitors and partners, merger and acquisitions, and strategies
- Ability to identify new and optimized monetization strategies for own/new product/services concepts
- Provide thought-leadership in identifying and prioritizing product features as well as market adjacencies in responsible areas
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability for own product roadmaps; identifying customer pain points – converting them into user stories – prioritizing them in sequence for scrum teams for own product/service
- When required, ability to take a hands-on approach to product development and operational monitoring and product release activities
- Provide operational direction to the cross-functional team (such as program management, marketing, Engineering, customer support, finance, etc.) on a day-to-day basis, defining the critical priorities for the teams
- Lead the specific product/service releases in collaboration with marketing, sales and engineering counterparts
- Manage expectations, set realistic goals with stakeholders and achieve them
- Communicate issues and seek support in a timely manner to eliminate roadblocks and drive collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment
- Contribute actively to innovation. Drive the development of business cases for concepts that warrant investment potential related to own product/service or transformation of existing products/services
- Contribute creatively to broader team and participate in team's innovation and new/transformational concept development activities and drive greater employee engagement
To be considered for this role, you must have prior consumer product, services or online experience
- BS/BA in computer science, business or related discipline. MBA preferred. Minimum 14 years of overall experience
- At least 6+ years of management experience related to a product management or management consulting experience or strategy experience at major technology companies
- High tech or technology industry and product experience. Passion for technology and good understanding of current technology landscape and issues
- Strong executive presence and leadership skills. Self-starter with a deep passion and motivation to drive growth in existing and new products
- Ownership and "can do" attitude with the passion to own and drive execution. Proven track record of launching great products working with large cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
- Experience managing or crafting external technology partnerships working on end-to-end activities including partner selection, contracting and execution
- Excellent communication skills and ability to synthesize and articulate complex concepts. Ability to create compelling creative story-telling
- Well-versed with the product management lifecycle from concept to launch and beyond
- Solid business acumen and analytical ability to guide product to achieve business goals. Ability to perform a range of business analytics ranging from problem/root cause identification to modeling new business economics
- Experience in consumer software, Privacy protection technologies, Browser and related areas, IoT and Agile development highly desirable