Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
Kemper is seeking Product Directors to join our State Management team. This position focuses on personal lines Preferred Automobile and Homeowners insurance products and is based in Chicago, IL or Atlanta, GA.
- Analyze performance of products and execute on recommendations necessary to achieve financial goals.
- Develop strategic vision and corresponding business plans for assigned state(s)/region.
- Assist AVP State Management with regional leadership activities. Assist AVP State Management in hiring, coaching and developing employees.
- Manage 1-3 direct reports, depending upon states and candidate’s qualifications.
- Collaborate and communicate with business partners to ensure successful implementations and execution.
- Develop rate and rule pricing proposals for submission to departments of insurance and negotiate for approval to ensure rate adequacy and marketability.
- Lead or participate in regional/national special projects, initiatives or other related work assignments as required/requested.
- Collaborate with business partners across the organization to justify changes to Kemper systems, business practices and/or product offerings with sound analysis and logic, forecasting expected growth and profit impacts.
- Analyze competitive information as well as Company and industry data in consultation with the Regional Sales Managers, Underwriting Managers, Marketing and other appropriate personnel.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in a business-related discipline (mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, insurance or other related discipline preferred).
- 7+ years of Personal and Commercial Lines experience in regional Product Management or National strategy role.
- Experience managing initiatives at the countrywide or multi-state level preferred
- Prior management/leadership experience.
- Strong computer spreadsheet and database skills.
- Strong communication skills - ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; gather information from multiple parties to ensure all perspectives are heard and considered; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas, thoughts, and questions; ability to work with others in effectively negotiating through conflict express one's self effectively in adversarial and confrontational settings to obtain desired results
- Organizational skills: both time and task skills are required.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze data and develop strategic recommendations.
- Solid technical skills when it comes to managing auto, home and other lines of business, as well as general CAT management knowledge.
- Leadership skills and strong diplomacy and negotiation skills.