We’re looking for talented professionals, anywhere in the United States, to join us in bringing smart money management and payment solutions to everyone’s fingertips.
At Green Dot, we are evolving to a new and permanent “Work from Anywhere” model designed to maximize the benefits of remote work, promote and enable a strong culture of performance and connectedness, and attract the best and brightest talent who align with our entrepreneurial spirit and mission.
“I want the best and brightest people we can find to join our team to help us be successful, and you can live anywhere you want. What COVID did was force a mind shift; we see how productive we are working from anywhere and how much our employees love it. It’s more important to be productive than be busy. If you force people to come to an office every day, then everybody’s going to try to be busy,” Dan Henry, President & CEO. (quoted in CNBC)
We’re leaders in providing financial services to consumers who demand our best every day and we are seeking an enthusiastic and creative Director of Product Management to drive end-to-end product planning and execution throughout the Product lifecycle while leading a team of product managers. This position is ideal for a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and building consensus across diverse stakeholders. If you are someone who thrives on building products that consumers love, have strong technical understanding, an eye for design, and appreciate being part of a highly collaborative team, then we are interested in talking with you!
- Leads and develops a team of product managers responsible for requirements gathering and interaction with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Drives development and adoption of product roadmap
- Offers input and thought leadership into business planning
- Defines and prioritize customer requirements and work closely with internal and external teams to ensure all revenue and stakeholder requirements are met.
- Designs, develops, and manages activities for a specific product or group of products, from product definition and planning through production, release, and end of life.
- Leads all stages of a product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line.
- Aligns closely with technology and engineering teams to translate requirements into user stories
- Manages the delivery of continuous and effective services and ensures project completion is within budget and in accordance with contract requirements.
- Conducts market research, engages with clients and industry partners on product planning efforts.
- Partners with technology organization on build/buy decisions for new product capabilities.
- Manages migration strategies for legacy products.
- Defines functional and non-functional technical requirements and priorities with business owners and stakeholders.
- Triages product defects and ensure proper ownership and delegation towards resolutions.
- Manages compliance with all IT governance standards through approved tools, templates, policies, procedures, and process leanings.
- Mentor, lead, develop, and evaluate personnel.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years working with software development teams as a product manager, product owner or business analysis.
- 3+ years leading product manager, product owner or business analysis teams
- Ability to interact with executives and senior management
- Proven track record of influencing policies, practices and procedures.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to develop relationships with key internal and external shareholders
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to achieve mid to long term operational and strategic goals.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of Agile practices including user stories
- Working knowledge of financial services, core banking systems and/or payment processing required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite, Jira, and Confluence