Director, Product Management
11 - 15 years experience • Manufacturing / Electronics
If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible for providing leadership to the product management and market development teams for the assigned business segment. Ensures the long-term growth and profitability of business through developing and maintaining a strong portfolio of Franklin Electric's products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead product team in ensuring the Franklin 5 Key Factors -- Quality, Availability, Service, Innovation, and, value are effectively maintained for assigned products.
· Establishes and manages the implementation of strategic growth plans to ensure the market share and profitability of products. Identifies and tees up adjacent marketing activities and new product development ideas.
· Coordinate the Long Range Planning process for business segment.
· Develops short- and long-term forecasts, budgets, strategies, and marketing programs required to meet sales objectives.
· Leads assigned product teams in prioritization of key projects and activities including new product development, quality improvement, and value improvement projects.
· Communicates with customers, management, internal departments, and vendors to coordinate the overall marketing and portfolio efforts in accordance with corporate goals.
· Works closely with the Global Supply department to provide an accurate forecast and proper stocking levels to ensure on time delivery for our customers.
· Provides input into product development through market analysis and clear understanding of customers wants and needs.
· Prepares and manages the department's expense budget.
· Leads product management team in research and analysis of financial, technological, and demographic factors so that market opportunities may be capitalized on and the effects of competitive activity minimized.
· Tracks and monitor's FE market share for portfolio of products in segment, and maintain assessment of Competitors products.
· Participates in national tradeshows and industry events, including participation, booth display needs, and proper product display requirements.
· Maintains and grows existing segment accounts through an appropriate level of contact. Creates sales growth by securing business through strategic customers and partnerships.
· Identifies and implements processes to strengthen communication, improve efficiencies, and increase morale between team and other departments.
· Establishes and tracks metrics for Product Management and Market Development teams.
· Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
· Manages the performance of supervisory and non-supervisory direct report(s) to perform as a function and/or business unit, providing formal and informal feedback, progress reports, and budget and profitability updates.
· Interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Working with Human Resources on employee issues.
Skills and Abilities:
· Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with vendors, internal and external customers, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
· Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals and procedure manuals.
· Writes routine reports and correspondence.
· Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
· Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
· Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
· Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
· Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in marketing, engineering, or a related field (required), MBA preferred.
· Ten to fifteen years of relevant experience in marketing, product management, or a related field (required).
· Three to five years of supervisory/management experience (preferred).
· Basic: Microsoft Office Suite, mobile devices
· While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
· Continually required to sit; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
· Regularly required to reach with hands and arms, sit for long periods of time, and travel by car and airplane in the US and internationally.
· Occasionallyrequired to stand or walk.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
· This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Apply at link: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1067441&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000266053206&rb=THELADDERS