We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join as Director of Product Management to lead the Financial Systems Platform (FSP) product teams within FCTS org. FCTS operates between Expedia’s Brands, Supply teams, and Financial systems and is the transactional heartbeat of the company. In this role, you will drive the strategy and vision for BDE team that crafts how product managers assess, innovate, build and evolve the custom and packaged technology products that power Expedia’s internal partners. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with counterparts in software engineering, operations, program and strategy to ensure the FSP team is delivering with high standards.
You will facilitate cross-team and cross-customer collaboration. To demonstrate investments are producing the best bang-for-buck, you will author concise monthly communications for senior executives. You will coach and mentor your team of product managers who are responsible for building business cases, roadmaps and agile artifacts. Your efforts will guide BDEs platform products to maximize company revenue, reduce cost, improve customer satisfaction, and enhances the value of the assigned brand or product line.
- Lead the development of the product strategy and vision for multiple products within the FSP team.
- Develop and owns the comprehensive vision for a complex product area.
- Actively identifies ambiguity and effectively mitigates anticipated risk.
- Facilitates strategic discussions with managers and senior ICs guiding organizational direction.
- Create consensus for the product vision both internally and with partners throughout Expedia.
- Evaluate the impact of trade-off decisions between programs and initiatives.
- Maintain a high attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple, contending priorities simultaneously.
- Direct and control the activities of product management teams accountable for the development of new and existing tech products and features for BDE team.
- Actively identify and resolve issues that may impair a team's ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Hire and retain product management talent. Empower your team to achieve the organization’s vision.
- Draw on analytical and quantitative skills, using hard data
- Excellent critical thinking and strong operating skills.
- Significant and demonstrable industry experience in running product management teams, preferably in e-commerce.
- Experience leading large Oracle E-business Suite products and driving projects from inception through hand off to Delivery teams
- Experience building and defending data models.
- Travel or hospitality industry experience, highly valued.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable project management and organizational skills.
- Shown ability to lead in a matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal and talent management skills, including identifying and developing product management talent.
Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, MBA preferred.
- 12+ years’ work experience in implementing and supporting Oracle Financials R12 in a complex, multinational, multi GAAP environment
- Modules: Oracle Accounts Receivable, Order Management, Channel Revenue Management, Advanced Collections, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Financial Accounting Hub, Subledger Accounting
- 3-4 full life-cycle Oracle implementations
- Experience in leading transformational program or enterprise wide change initiatives
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills