Director, Product Management - Developer Tooling, Shared Technology
Director, Product Management – Developer Tooling, Shared TechnologyDigiTech is a core Shared Technology business within Capital One, responsible for driving our ability to expertly operate in the cloud at very large scale. We develop solutions, frameworks and platforms that allow thousands of Capital One engineers build digital products fast, safely and consistently.
Product management has been a critical part of how we build digital products that our customers love. We are now building a program office that will bring the same level of product refinement to the developer tooling that our engineers (and in case of several popular open-source solutions we maintain – engineers all over the world) use.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager and a senior leader to help us build-out product management practices for our shared technology products. This person will jump-start the program by demonstrating how we can apply product management to critical tooling such as: our chaos engineering solution, secrets management solution, DevOps pipeline management solution, all along building repeatable blueprint and product organization to replicate the early wins at the scale of entire Capital One engineering.
- Define process and practices for empathy-driven product research to establish evidence-based product strategy development, in the context of share technology products/tooling.
- Set product vision and lead market testing, road-mapping and goal setting for marquee products such as: chaos engineering and DevOps pipeline products.
- Identify unmet needs and innovation opportunities to lead wide adoption of the solutions internally, as well as in the open-source community (for our OSS products).
- In cases where a solution is a cultural change in addition to code (e.g. Chaos Engineering) work with their tech leadership counterparts to design education and training around the practice.
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycle
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, leader with vision, career guide and mentor to teams
-Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and Lean methods. Lead ongoing communication with customers and stakeholders.
You will possess
- Background in successfully building technology products
- Experience in developer evangelism
- Experience in product research and evidence-based product design
- High levels of engagement with an open source community or technology focused meet-up group
- Track record of defining strategy, creating advocacy/alignment and being accountable for outcomes
- Agile Product Management experience
- Fluency in human-centered product discovery methods such as design thinking and service design
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management or developer evangelism
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into technologist facing digital products
- 5 years of experience in Agile product management
Job ID R49488