PacBio is looking for a Director Product Management, Consumables to provide leadership and strategic direction for PacBio consumables portfolio. The position will be responsible for managing all of the product management activities necessary for the ongoing development and commercial support for our core consumable sequencing reagents and sample preparation kits.
What you get to do daily:
You’ll be responsible for generating and prioritizing our consumables product roadmap, working closely with R&D to develop and deliver market-leading products, organizing and implementing product launches, product life-cycle management; and keeping abreast of market trends, customer needs, and the sequencing industry landscape.
Keys to success in this role:
Your ability to work cross functionally and collaboratively with internal stakeholders (commercial teams, manufacturing, quality, R&D, and marketing) to ensure alignment of strategies to drive short/long-term revenue and profitability of the consumables business. To excel in this position, you are a superb communicator, team-oriented leader who has the capacity to inspire and motivate others to be their best.
What’s in it for you
You will get to work alongside a small yet agile team of smart, creative and driven marketers in the cutting-edge sequencing industry. What we do on a daily basis actually helps scientists better understand the world we live in and, in many ways, helps them make it a better place to live.
- Manage the process of developing consumables (and related software) products and enhancing existing products in order to meet customer expectations effectively; transform market opportunity into a product available for sale
- Develop detailed consumable product strategy and roadmap to meet company objectives
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams across the organization to ensure the successful development of products from concept through commercialization
- Provide product expertise to the sales, support, and marketing organizations related to consumables
- Guide new product introductions and marketing activities and alignment to strategy in collaboration with the market development team.
- Support positioning statements and differentiation value in collaboration with the team and functions across the organization.
- Support product profitability analysis that ties revenues and costs to each product
- Support forecasting product line sales; define how sourcing and manufacturing will meet cost targets; produce unit volume estimates
- Perform competitive and market analysis
- Establish and maintain relationships with key ecosystem partners
- Train field teams and support selling activities, including development of sales tools and collateral
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Track record of success defining and launching excellent products
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in life science company or related field and experience in product management/marketing positions.
- Degree in molecular biology, engineering or associated scientific field required. MBA or other advanced degree desirable, but not required.
- Experience across instrument, software, and consumable life science products with associated technical depth strongly preferred
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority, and to work effectively with customers, development, and field teams
- Must have strong analytical skills and ability to tie detailed analysis to larger strategy
- Experience with Agile software development process with working knowledge of JIRA preferred but not required
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Hands on, high energy, and highly responsive
- Ability to travel up to 15%