The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, flexible work hours and Friday bagels!
This individual is an evangelist his/her consignors’ needs,and understands the competitive landscape. He/she is an excellent communicator and builds strong cross-functional relationships, internally and externally. This individual will be skilled in working across departments to collaborate with Business Managers, User Experience, Development, QA, Marketing and Merchandising teams.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and champion a product vision, product strategy and product roadmap in support of corporate goals and objectives.
- Use customer & market research, consignor feedback, and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements.
- Define, track and improve key product metrics.
- Present and clearly articulate product strategy to the product development team and to company leadership.
- Collaborate with the business, user experience and development teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features.
- Specify, prioritize and communicate high level and detailed product specifications using user stories, business rules, flows, use cases and user flows.
- Collaborate closely with the development team during the development cycle, attending daily standups and leading backlog grooming and sprint planning sessions.
- Identify necessary and/or desirable third-party features; evaluating and selecting vendors, negotiating agreements and contracts, and managing partnership integration.
- Work closely with Marketing and/or the Business to launch products and ensure their adoption.
- Coordinate post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and that operational processes dependent on the feature successfully complete acceptance testing.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in Product Management, including eCommerce and fashion.
- Self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment and working on several major projects at a time.
- Some people management experience
- Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the consumer’s need, met business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises)
- Marketplace experience: experience in an online retail environment (direct to consumer)
- Sound business judgment: the ability to identify the business objectives, develop and implement a business strategy on projects; capable of making reliable business decisions during execution
- Unafraid to have your opinion changed (strong beliefs, loosely held.)
- Strong understanding of user-centered design and usability.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize own work.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field is preferred.