Summary of This Role
Manages the on-going analysis and enhancement design activities for existing payment systems, throughout the product lifecycle. Plans and executes activities in support of system enhancements to include: the diagnosis of need and gathering requirement specifications, enhancement development planning, creation and implementation of a test plan. Ensures on-going product oversight during the development phase and post-facto comparison of solution delivered with the original specifications. Acts as an intermediary between IT and internal clients.
What Part Will You Play?
- Provides leadership and vision to Product Managers across all stages of the product life-cycle, to include innovation and ideation, conceptual analysis, planning, product development and deployment, sales , marketing, product and client support, product sustainment and enhancement, product retirement. Leads, establishes and promotes strategic focus and provides high level or in-depth direction of the work, decisions and processes. Sets the staff, product and business strategy across all stages of the product life-cycle. Provides a strong industry and market focus to ensure the company remains current, relevant and leading.
- Identifies key business opportunities, supports the refinement of strategies, and highlights new technologies, partnerships, and start-ups that result in the development and delivery of new products and services. Increases company's ability to improve current solutions and provide innovative new solutions in a timely manner to drive the success of our clients and their customers. Conducts complex analysis of data, requests, and facts. Solves complex problems through recommendations, which typically deviate from established procedures. Uses individual judgment to make and approve recommendations for actions or changes to established methods. Requires the ability to adapt and establish methods to new situations as business needs change. Requires the ability to anticipate these changes and act accordingly.
- Requests and reviews regular reporting for provisioning to management on product or project status, work requests, process improvements. Establishes the vision and objective of client and strategic product meetings. Presents internal and external initiatives to large groups and/or Executive Management. Communicates with clients to gain consensus and/or compromise on problems involving confidential and sensitive information.
- Manages third party supplier relationships with companies that assist in delivering products to clients, to include leading and managing partner management staff, developing and maintaining relationships with supplier executives, negotiating supplier contracts, leading and managing vendor management controls, and optimizing business opportunities with third party supplier partners
- Participates in setting the strategy for and consulting on product pricing, client billing for services and on-going products or features. Presents recommendations to the Product Advisory Committee, the European Product Advisory Committee, the Pricing Committee, Investment Decision Council or other approving bodies. Oversees, creates and promotes strategic direction and focus and provides high level or in-depth direction of the work, decisions and processes necessary to meet corporate and/or segment objectives.
- Analyses, tracks and reports on multiple product profit and loss statements. Plans overall annual budget for multiple product cost center(s) to include employment expense, development, operational and global technology costs, product marketing, research and consulting costs, industry and client travel, and tools and resources needed to maintain high level of client service.
- Leads the management of multiple products, associated tasks and problems. Oversees defined methods and monitors financial/effectiveness measures to quantify contribution to the company's income and expenditure. Establishes communication to ensure projects, research, business cases, reporting, and contracts are completed on schedule and with quality. Monitors overall resource allocation. Sets direction and strategy for capacity and is held accountable.
- Fosters and drives a culture of innovation within product management. Promotes, defined, and creates repeatable and streamlined processes to drive innovation. Defines, designs, and facilitates idea generation platforms with team members and clients. Designs processes to gather ideas, filters and prioritizes ideas via a stage gate process, initiates executive review and sponsorship, and develops ideas into market ready solutions.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 10 years
- related professional experience including a minimum of 5-6 years experience in a managerial position.
- Master's Degree
- related field of study from an accredited university.
- Prior TSYS, payment or technology industry experience is preferred.