McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Product Management
Director of Product Management, Customer Management Modernization
When you look around in the world, do you see opportunities to change customers’ lives? Imagine a place where every customer is an advocate because we are easily able to predict and adapt to their evolving needs. Sound exciting? We think so!
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great experiences for our customers.
If you have the drive to build amazing consumer products which are customer backed, data and insights driven, and impact the lives of millions daily, we want you!
Our Card.AI (Analytics & Infrastructure) team is selectively recruiting a high energy, forward-thinking Digital Product leader to lead Customer Management Modernization, a critical part of the Card Business, with a deep focus on our customers and our technology. This role is best suited for an inspirational leader who motivates teams using a collaborative approach, along with proven communication skills to effectively influence/liaise with external and internal partners.
We look for people who obsess over removing friction from the overall consumer experience and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment driven by both analysis and creativity. You are a strong Product leader who is selfless and invests in the success of your peers, managers and direct reports with a deep understanding of products, analytics, technology and operations.
As Director of Digital Product Management, you’ll lead nimble cross-functional teams of data scientists and business analysts who share your passion and drive for solving human and business problems. In this role, you will:
- Seek to understand customers’ financial needs and deliver new technology and experiences that improve our customers’ ability to manage their money from soup to nuts
- Deliver unique customer experiences by partnering with otherinternal leaders in initial conception discussions
- Drive vision and strategy by leading product/tech discussions and developing customer UX with Card product teams
On this team, you will get to define a product vision and roadmap based on understanding of customer needs and business strategy. In addition, you will:
- Drive product objectives with business cases, product success metrics, design thinking, customer feedback, market research, marketing strategy and competitive analysis
- Shape a learning agenda to uncover opportunities and validate customer needs
- You should have knowledge of and passion for emerging technologies (AI, Machine Learning, NLP, RPA, API’s, Big Data, Native UI’s) and how they are used to empower business and technology to deliver great products.
- Ground assumptions in human centered design with a natural empathy for customers
- Have a bias to action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed.
- Demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity.
- Be a fantastic storyteller who is at ease presenting to senior executives.
- Previous experience with startups and or fintechs is helpful
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies will be critical to lead our Product teams
• Bachelor’s degree or military experience
• At least 7 years’ experience leading cross functional product teams
• At least 7 years’ experience building consumer digital products
- MBA focused on entrepreneurship, product development, corporate innovation or design thinking
- 8+ years’ experience building and launching consumer applications on web and mobile platforms
- 8+ years’ experience building and managing a roadmap
- 5+ years’ experience with agile product development
- At least 3 years of experience with external microservices architecture
- At least 3 years of experience with cloud- based technology or cloud-based Product experience