Job Description (Role Profile)
Avid makes technology and collaborative tools so creators can entertain, inform, educate, and enlighten the world. Our customers are the visionaries behind the most inspiring feature films, television programs, news broadcasts, televised sporting events, music recording and live concerts. To learn how Avid powers greater creators or for more information, visit www.avid.com.
The Director of Product Management leads a team of several product managers and product designers. As part of the Video Business Unit, Director of Product Management team defines the future vision for the product line, analyzes business opportunities, specifies, and prioritizes customer requirements, directs product development teams, defines pricing and business models, and manages successful commercial outcomes throughout the product lifecycle. This position is responsible for leading Avid’s video editing and next generation product line.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Team Management Leads the Product Managers, Owners and Product Designers. Assigns tasks, directs workloads, and appraises performance.
- Business Reporting & Management Reports regularly on performance against key business metrics. Delivers against targets for revenue, cost, and profitability. Works with Sales to refine forecasts and inform product materials planning.
- Market Analysis Assesses market trends and forces. Conducts competitive analysis. Models market opportunities. Understands and can build financial and business models
- Product Strategy Develops and refines the vision for the video product line, including product strategies, releases and roadmaps. Authors product briefs.
- Product Planning Synthesizes concepts for next generation products, and models market opportunities. Drives consensus, sponsorship and alignment for future plans among stakeholders.
- Product Requirements Works with customers, colleagues, and industry experts to define and refine product requirements. Authors feature specifications and product designs, utilizing a user-centered design approach.
- Customer Satisfaction Identifies opportunities to improve customer experience and incorporates enhancements on an ongoing basis.
- Cross-functional Leadership Guides product development teams to realize product concepts and bring them to market.
- Commercialization Defines pricing models, maintains price books and sales tools, develops core positioning, and feeds product launch information to go-to-market teams.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BS/BA degree required, technical for financial major preferred
- Five years’ work experience in the technology sector
- Ten years project or program management experience preferred.
- PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO, CSD, graduate certification or equivalent desired.
- Working knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pro-active leadership style. Comfortable initiating and taking action to drive issues to resolution.
- Adept at creative problem solving, risk mitigation, and resolution negotiation.
- Expert organizational skills. Familiar with project information systems, including planning tools, collaboration infrastructure, and product development tracking systems.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, globally distributed environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skill with experience managing (remote) team.
- Previous career in video editing or video production
- Product management experience in video editing, post production or products in the video production industry
- Experience in consumer level or corporate video editing or video production
- Experience defining cloud and SaaS offers is a plus
Avid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
#LI- RemoteReq ID
Full or Part Time