Do you love being able to take an idea from concept to revenue? Are you excited about incubating big ideas and turning them into new products that customers would love? Do you enjoy a startup-like, fast-paced environment and innovating new concepts which can disrupt the industry? Then come and join Equinix.
The Product Strategy & Emerging Services team operates as an internal startup within Equinix, the world’s largest data center and interconnection provider. Our mission is to create, design and build new products and services which will drive the next wave of growth at Equinix. We are seeking an experienced leader for our Application Infrastructure product management team.
You will collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry and enjoy a competitive package, great benefits and a creative and agile work environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and creating new application infrastructure products, conducting market research, generating product requirements, determining specifications, pricing, performing research and establishing partnerships which create differentiation and customer value.
In order to be successful in this role, you must be able to effectively collaborate with other members of the product, sales and marketing teams, establish business partnership structures and gain alignment across the organization.
- Create customer-inspired, differentiated products and solutions which solve customer pain points and reduce the friction of product adoption
- Establish application infrastructure product strategy, product concept roadmaps, and provide clear communication and direction to the internal organization and executive leadership
- Employ lean startup principles to ideate, experiment, measure, learn and pivot
- Research emerging trends and technologies in the application infrastructure domain such as block chain, distributed systems, and the digital edge to define the Equinix opportunity, incubate the concept, and determine path to success
- Incorporate legal, regulatory, geographic and competitive challenges into strategic processes
- Meet with customers to determine their needs, use experience and intuition to distill requirements and create the business plans to generate new products
- Assess product-market fit through customer engagement and validation
- Create and communicate metrics, pricing and competitiveness by preparing short-term and long-term product forecasts for executive review
- Bring new partner solutions to market by analyzing proposed requirements and partner capabilities, prepare ROI analysis and execute on product partnership delivery
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Maintain close relations with the venture capital, entrepreneur, and academic communities to learn coming tech developments and trends, and assess threat/opportunity level
- Own the application infrastructure product business case, execution strategy and implementation including ideation, orchestration, and program management
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related actions as needed
- Technical and strategic understanding of a wide range of technologyinfrastructure concepts and the reasons for their application
- Demonstrable experience initiating product strategy, creating business plans, gaining executive sponsorship, partnering with outside entities and successfully executing new product introduction plans
- Creative thinker with the ability to problem-solve, plan and align work to ensure accountability
- Highly adaptable; energized by rapid change and ambiguity
- Highly collaborative; skilled at working cross-functionally to drive results
- Ability to present to and influence executive leadership
- Adaptable team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively navigate the internal organization to resolve issues and achieve objectives
- Excels at cross-group collaboration with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who thrives on working in the complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
- Bachelor’s Degree; MS or MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional product management or similar experience
- Minimum 12years professional experience in information technology