Director - Product Management and Marketing
The Product Management and Marketing Director is responsible for the developing the product requirements for a category of next generation solutions for additive manufacturing of production parts, including; working closely with customers to understand their requirements and challenges, develop use cases, define the product vision, lead the cross-functional team(s), and work closely with marketing, sales, and customer service to develop unique selling proposition and ensure business expectations are met. The Product Management & Marketing Director is also responsible for ensuring those products are aligned with the company’s overall strategy and goals. This role is within the Aerospace, Defense, and Automotive Solutions Business Unit. This business unit is responsible for developing products and solutions that enable production part manufacturing in high requirement industries with 3D printing technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Work with the segment lead to define product vision, strategy and roadmaps.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to product launch and continuous cycle of planning, implementing strategies and ongoing evaluation.
- Deliver Marketing Requirements Documents (MRD)s with features, uses cases, business case and strategic justifications.
- Specify requirements for current and future products success in the marketplace and provide the drive to implement those requirements in a cross-functional product development environment.
- Develop the value proposition and core positioning message for the product with the segment leader.
- Be the company expert with respect to competition to help develop sales tools and positioning against competitive products.
- Direct market development, sales promotion, distribution and pricing policies including cost of goods sold targets for the products.
- Travel to meet with customers and industry experts to understand market needs and support sales.
- Manage all cross functional interactions with Development/Engineering, Customer Service, Sales, Manufacturing, R&D, Materials, Quality, Subcontractors, Partners and Corporate Marketing to drive product and process initiatives.
- Demonstrates commitment to Stratasys Core Values by leading, acting and behaving in a manner consistent with these values.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures and attends all safety trainings related to the job.
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or marketing.
- (Masters in marketing preferred)
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience as a Product Manager with a company involved in manufacturing equipment or manufacturing process.
- (Experience in Aerospace or Automotive industries is preferred)
- Positive attitude and strong group presentation skills required.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching successful products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. (Public speaking experience preferred)
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Ability to work well with others.
- The role may lead a small team of product managers.
- Works in a pleasant office environment with other department staff, utilizing a computer workstation and various software applications. Specific work schedule is coordinated with direct supervisor.
- Travel requirement: Travel to meet with customers and industry experts to understand market needs and support sales.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Stratasys will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the requiredemployment eligibility verification form upon hire.
All offers of employment with Stratasys, Inc are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Job code: 14002