Transtar Industries simplifies complex vehicle repair to keep the world moving. We are an internationally known automotive parts distributor represented in 34 states and 3 countries, and through patent-winning technology, we are revolutionizing the industry. What has remained constant throughout our 45-year history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, our employees, and to Transtar’s value based culture built on: Integrity, respect, humility, optimism, and commitment.
A career with Transtar offers countless ways to make an impact in a rapidly growing organization. We invest meaningfully in training and development, empowering you to build your future alongside ours and shape a career unique to you. In this role, the Director of Product Management and Innovation will work closely with a growing, talented team of industry professionals to transform the company by identifying and launching new product lines focused on simplifying complex vehicle repair.
To build the world’s most innovative complex vehicle repair product and service solution company, we need the world’s most talented Director of Product Management and Innovation. Is that you? If so, we want to talk to you.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistent with Transtar’s mission, transform, create, and develop our product management team with a focus on identifying complex vehicle repair opportunities and bringing new products and services to market.
- Research product and service opportunities, conduct relevant market studies and customer surveys to determine fit and value proposition, launch products, and establish tracking mechanisms to report ROI.
- Develop a customer-centric product culture by leading consistent participation in conversations with end-customers and collaborate effectively with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop a product roadmap which aligns with company strategic direction and initiatives, and direct and implement robust product management processes.
- Manage the budgeting process for product management, including forecasting and ROI assessment of new product ideas
- Work and manage all aspects of product, including but not limited to, product features and benefits, warranty, instruction sheets, collaborate with content team on product images, attributes and application information, collaborate with suppliers and supply chain team on inventory placement, operational requirements, logistics, warranty, instructions, images, and application information.
- Provide internal and external education on new product launches to include product and operational process information.
- Manage product team to provide inspiration and thoughtful idea creation for product growth.
- Coach and develop employees. Set performance expectations and give regular feedback.
- Work with senior leadership on product ideas and growth strategies.
- Analyze product trends to provide a roadmap for…
- Life-Cycle Management
- Inventory placement
- Product Growth Opportunities
- Establish specific product goals for sales, gross margin, and profitability defined by customer channel and/or product type. Develop detailed action plans by product.
- Execute strategies to enable sales to deliver revenue and profitability objectives for assigned product and/or customer channel.
- Work with marketing and technical services on new product development to meet the needs of customers.
- Investigate new and emerging products and provide feedback and market opportunity and preliminary strategies for product growth.
- Lead in-depth monthly review of product performance.
- Monitor competitive trends, customer needs and develop the appropriate strategy for potential changes in product approach.
- Successful track record of execution in building a critical path map and taking complex vehicle repair products fully from ideation through launch.
- Strong self-starter
- Proficient personal computer and systems software skills including MS Office suite of products including Excel, Access, Project, Powerpoint, and Word.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, to take initiative, and to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations, or government law.
- Strong interpersonal communication and influencing skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professionals, both internal and external.
- Outstanding oral communication, written and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong customer service philosophy.
- Proven track record of product management and innovation success.
- Inspirational leaderships skills, strong team orientation, and highly creative.
- Ability to personally train and develop team members.
- Strategic thinking skills with strong business analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, goal oriented environment while setting priorities and managing deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 10-years of experience in product management, with at least 5 years leading, developing and mentoring high performing product teams. Automotive aftermarket industry experience preferred.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering or related courses of study. MBA preferred.
- Team player and highly collaborative; ability to work effectively with people, particularly in understanding user requirements and needs.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Self-Motivated and results driven