- Champion the Voice of Customer.
- Drive consistent business and operating processes across the portfolio verticals, which align with our Quality Management Systems.
- Drive customer interactions defining Custom project product attribute and pricing models.
- Develop one, three, and five-year product roadmaps.
- Create business cases with supporting financial models for portfolio growth initiatives.
- Develop product-marketing strategy and provide input into the annual Marketing Budget.
- Execute successful product launches while meeting timeline and budget targets.
- Working with Marketing, monitor, evaluate and report on all marketing activity, assessing impact across revenue, share growth, ROI and equity metrics.
- Ensure internal stakeholders receive information necessary to meet their goals.
- Analyze key market drivers and perform market analysis, including market size, market share, channel performance and competitive environment.
- Monitor the performance of the product portfolio throughout the product lifecycle, identifying market gaps and product/ service enhancements.
- Employ formal and informal market research to monitor, identify and interpret changing customer attitudes, demands and unmet needs for global diagnostic products and services.
- Working with Technical Product Management, drive New Product Development interfacing with R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory and Sales while maintaining launch timelines.
- Develop segmentation strategies via a strong program of insight and understanding, and feed this insight into strategic planning and impactful go-to-market strategies including product positioning, key benefits and target customers.
- Support the business’ growth with product and service offerings outside of its core lines.
- Lead the systematic planning, development and delivery of robust marketing strategies that align to the Business Plan and support the business’ efforts to meet revenue and EBIDTA financial targets.
- Engage with Sales, Business Development and Business Unit leads to align marketing activities in support of both existing business and growth plans across all customer and market segments.
- Provide input into corporate strategy development, including M&A activity.
- Use customer insights to inform and develop compelling communication strategies.
- Define and validate a value proposition and messaging framework, informed by best-practice, to promote market development and support sales efforts.
- Work with Marketing to leverage segmentation strategies for content development and implementation of tactical marketing activities supporting current products and new product launches meeting financial goals.
- Develop, and work with Marketing, to implement a comprehensive digital equity strategy for the business, in areas including social media, SEO, PPC, e-Blasts and integrated digital and traditional marketing tools.
- Develop tools and techniques to support indirect sales via In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) manufacturers and/or distribution channels.
- Develop a cohesive strategy for the engagement of key internal (including corporate) and external stakeholders, key influencers and opinion leaders, and external bodies and other partners for the advancement of LGC Clinical Diagnostics’ NGS and Molecular applied markets.
- Promote an environment supportive of teamwork, positive communication, and respect.
- Build strong relationships with sales, business development, technical and operations teams.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and implement best-in-class commercial operating procedures which reaching across Portfolio Management, Sales and Marketing while embracing a company’s Quality Management System.
- Demonstrated ability to work jointly with Sales to interact with key customer moving to identify key product attributes while moving the sales continuum forward.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate quickly across complex strategic, commercial and regulatory terrain and make well-reasoned decisions.
- Highly effective analytical and financial skills, with a demonstrated ability to prepare business cases and support them with financial justification.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex product portfolios and product lifecycles.
- Demonstrated ability in marketing planning and execution, with outstanding commercial and marketing literacy and a track-record of developing business cases and delivering on them.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, with effective meeting and presentation skills.
- Sound creative judgement, including the ability to write compelling, relevant and distinctive briefs for use inside and outside the business.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others, including managing complex projects and directing activities of multidisciplinary teams.
- Narrative / storytelling ability to inspire and excite others around key recommendations.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related scientific discipline. MBA or PhD preferred.
- Strong understanding of Clinical NGS applications/workflows and the Molecular in vitro diagnostics landscape with a broader understanding of Biochemistry, Serology and Reagent Component markets.
- 10+ years of product management and marketing experience.
- 5+ years of direct customer interactions and strategy development.
- Strong history of successful global product launches.
- Clinical diagnostic industry experience preferred.
- Proven management experience – a track record of having planned and delivered significant growth