We are seeking an experienced leader of Product Managers for the Accounts Experience product management team.
The Account Experience team’s goal is to help our customers scale their adoption of the New Relic portfolio of products across all of their organizations and teams. We achieve this by developing pricing and packaging strategies that address our customers’ needs in the modern cloud environments, and by providing capabilities that make it easier for administrators to manage New Relic accounts, user and identity access, and subscription licensing.
At New Relic, you will be a core leader in the team responsible for driving product strategy and vision, relations with customers and our partner ecosystem, working with design and engineering to deliver breakthrough products, and growing the business in partnership with marketing, sales, finance, operations, and customer success teams.
To be successful in the role, you have a strong background in product management across technical, strategic, and business dimensions. You have a deep understanding of the challenges and workflows of large enterprises, particularly for the buyer and administrator personas. You are comfortable in working in complex environments and understand how customer business requirements translate not only to product requirements, but requirements to New Relic’s internal sales, operations, and business systems. You are comfortable with making difficult tradeoff decisions and ruthlessly managing scope, working in highly impactful projects. You thrive on mentoring others and helping make the individuals in your team successful.
- Lead and grow a team of product managers driving the overall product strategy for Account Experience. Manage and coach product managers to ensure success in their roles. Strive to continually increase the team’s overall product management bench strength.
- Set and communicate the product vision for the group. Connect the New Relic corporate, business, and product strategies together to develop goals and strategies for the group. Work with the product management team to develop and communicate product roadmaps to external and internal customers. Work with leaders across the company to drive key trade-off decisions.
- Act as the product sponsor for the Accounts Experience group, which consists of product management, design, and engineering functions. Leverage market, customer, and competitive information to build compelling business cases for prioritization of projects. Advocate for staffing resources to execute on prioritized projects, working closely with engineering director counterpart.
- Create and drive transformational initiatives that have an impact at the company level. Gain alignment from senior leadership across product, sales, finance, marketing, and operations to fund and implement the initiatives.
- Deeply understand the workflows and requirements of New Relic’s enterprise customers, particularly on buyer and contract/system administrator personas. Understand how external requirements translate not only to product requirements, but also internal requirements impacting sales, sales operations, finance, and business systems. Manage and prioritize both external and internal customer requirements.
- Lead the team in partnering closely with cross-functional counterparts in sales, marketing, finance, customer success, and support to launch new capabilities, products, and pricing and billing models.
Skills and Experience
- Seasoned in product management practices, tools, and frameworks. 10+ years of product management or related experiencepreferred.
- 2+ years of experience in managing a team of product managers. Experience in building a product management team is a plus.
- Understanding of enterprise customer business processes in buying, using, and managing SaaS applications. Experience in buyer and administrator personas and related requirements is a plus.
- Strong communicator and executive presence. Ability to influence senior leadership across business units and functions, in order to gain alignment on transformational corporate initiatives.
- Experience in SaaS for enterprises. Experience in internal business systems (finance, billing, sales operations) is a plus.