At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than125years, we've brought new products andtechnologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics,medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Identifies, defines and advances new products and programs for ADC’s global innovation pipeline, to achieve strategic and financial goals. Champions market feasibility and business case development across GSM Innovation. Leads selected projects from market analysis and ideation to product profile and commercial strategy through phases 0 to 2 in ADC’s NPI process, including design development, commercial and financial planning. Engages with ADC’s Commercial Organization to gain strategic alignment and build early stage commercial plan. Collaborates with GSM Business Development in identifying potential partnerships for innovation.
Leads cross-functional groups through ideation, requirements gathering, planning, assumption testing and issue resolution activities. Accountable for tactical and operational project decisions as well as project budget.
· Proactively explore innovation opportunities driven by technology, consumer needs and market opportunities
· Lead early stage market analysis, research, ideation and design concept development, together with related GSM, R&D and Commercial functions
· Lead NPI process phases 0-2:
0: Market analysis, product definition/concept, feasibility/risk assessment, financial opportunity
1: Product profile, system concept, use environment, cost/revenue sensitivity
2: User requirements, cross-functional assessment, commercial strategy
· Prepare leadership updates and align cross-functional teams as well as commercial organizations
· Screen, select and manage external experts and consultants and ensure satisfactory standards of service
• Preferred candidates should have a consulting background and/or relevant product management experience
• Preferred candidates should have managed a P&L in a medical device, consumer health tech or similar field
• Preferred candidates have self-driven, agile, curious and passionate personalities and can communicate effectively to a diverse set of audiences (commercial, technical, science, medical, leadership, external)
• Preferred candidates have a proven ability to drive projects across matrix organizations and leverage lateral influencing
• Minimum 5 years of industry or related industry experience
• Capability to travel15% to 20%
BA/BS experience, MBA preferred or equivalent experience
Market Development and Research
ADC Diabetes Care
United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
Yes,20% of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an8hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.