The Director, Product & Go To Market Operations will report to the Chief Merchandising Officer and will be responsible for building and leading the operating practices and product analytics upon which Cole Haan goes to market across four seasons a year, in its own direct-to-consumer channels, wholesale sales, international subsidiaries, and global distributors in more than 60 countries around the globe.
This leader will act as the primary champion of best-practices, open communication, shared goal setting and, above all else, teamwork.
FlexPLM Management & Product Data Integrity Ownership
- Primary owner of FlexPLM and other related tools for product creation; Champion data integrity, consistency, accuracy, and completeness to adhere to our product taxonomy and maintain a "Single Source of Truth"; Partner with IT in determining current system limitations, recommended/required upgrades, and data architecture; Partner with Product Design, Product Development, Costing, Sourcing, and Global Demand Planning in ensuring all teams are working together to ensure integrity and shared responsibility
- Train Junior Product Line Managers on FlexPLM and PIM (vendor TBC), ensuring all product information is accurately and consistently input and maintained throughout the product creation process, and ultimate presentation/delivery to customers
- Partner with Merchandising, Marketing, Brand Design, and IT to plan for and implement a Product Information Management and Digital Asset Management system(s) (PIM & DAM) and ensure data integrity across systems, beginning with FlexPLM
Enterprise Go To Market Process Management
- Recruit and hire a full-time Senior Manager of GTM Calendar Management
- Assume responsibility for the Go To Market process for the Company and create a cross-divisional team including: Merchandising, International Merchandising, Buying, Planning, Product Design, Product Development, Sourcing, Costing, Marketing, Brand Design, Retail Merchandising, Digital Site Merchandising, Wholesale Sales, and International Business Management
- Establish and lead a weekly Operations meeting including all upstream product creation and downstream marketing partners to ensure all leaders and go to market dates and deliverables are on track; If changes to a given calendar are required, you will assess impact to resources within all teams, and communicate a revised plan that is both feasible and continues to meet business goals
- Partner with IT and Creative Operations (Brand Design) to select and implement a Go To Market Calendaring tool that integrates with existing corporate systems to automate scheduling and syndicate critical dates to discrete end-user calendars, creating a transparent process and providing milestone visibility to all company employees
Merchandise Planning & Analytics
- Oversee a Senior Manager of Corporate Merchandise Planning who will work closely with the Finance, Buying, Sales, and Merchandising teams to establish seasonal product line efficiency targets at the category, collection, zone and price level
- Work with the Chief Merchandising Officer and Brand President in creating and maintaining tools and dashboards used to measure product creation effectiveness
- Possess familiarity with Tableau and other data analytics tools used to generate weekly, monthly, and seasonal reporting
Cross Functional Leadership
- Hold team leads accountable for hitting critical GTM dates, and proactively push the organization into a shared rhythm across all departments
- Facilitate and lead the discussion during the monthly product performance review with Channel Merchants
- Develop a regular and outward facing communication from the Product Organization that informs the rest of the Company on current events, upcoming milestones, and goals within Product Creation
- Act as key department liaison with Finance organization; Drive alignment with the Finance team in the 3-year planning process that incorporates key drivers informed by the Merchandising organization
- Work with Channel and Product Merchandising teams to ensure all tools required are provided for the timely execution of pre-season forecasts
Sample Tracking & Control
- Partner with Merchandising, Product Design, Product Development, Marketing, Brand Design, Sales, Operations, and IT to create and implement a system (both technical and physical) for warehousing, tracking, borrowing, and returning product samples
You will possess best-in-class organizational and process management skills.
You are a seasoned and persuasive leader with strong financial acumen, strong technology familiarity, and broad-based business perspectives.
You have an open, direct, and non-hierarchical management style, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable leading and presenting to large audiences.
You value dedication, drive, and stamina. Energetic, resourceful, and hands-on. An effective team player. A highly motivated person who creates an atmosphere in which people work together effectively to produce superior results.
You are a natural leader with a curiosity about business, a strong desire to learn, and a commitment to continuously improve performance and professional excellence.
You have a proven track record in quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with business leaders at all levels of management.
COMPANY EMPLOYEE ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE:
Accountability: You make informed commitments and keep your promises. You align goals and work to obtain business and development objectives. You base actions on desired outcomes to achieve measurable business results. You hold yourself and others accountable.
Model Integrity: You tell the truth. Always. You demonstrate professional, ethical, and transparent behavior in all activities and decisions. You courageously model upstanding behaviors consistently, even in the face of difficult challenges.
Value Individuality & Diversity: You recognize and value differences and seek inclusiveness. You are inviting and accepting of different viewpoints. You leverage the rich background and abilities of others.
Inspire Teamwork: You work collaboratively towards a common goal and care as much about the success of others as you do about your success. You model the behaviors of an effective team member/leader.
Encourage Creativity: You encourage intellectual curiosity. You believe there is a better way and push for it. You challenge conventional thinking/assumptions. You fail fast-you take calculated risks and accept failure as a learning opportunity.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 8+ years relevant experience in Product or Merchandising Operations within a vertically integrated retailer, experience working across price points, footwear classifications and channels
- Strong, proven team leadership and mentorship capabilities
- Proven success managing a line, building process, and meeting associated metrics (margins, revenue goals, etc); Demonstrated experience developing and managing assortments
- Strong analytical skills
- High proficiency of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint), Tableau, FlexPLM, Salesforce, retail POS systems, and other cloud-based calendaring and data organizational tools
- Must be able to travel to and from New York and New Hampshire, as well as must be able to travel domestically
- Ability to work under deadlines, manage multiple priorities, work independently, take initiative, and pay close attention to detail