Sakara Life is a mission driven, fast-growing premium wellness brand helping people nourish themselves by providing ready-to-eat nutrition programs, functional products and unique content to clients nationwide. We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious and hardworking team players that share our passion for health & well-being. You will be responsible for “turning thoughts into things” and helping manifest the future of Sakara. We got started in 2013 and now have a team of ~190 across New York and Los Angeles.
About the role: We are looking for an entrepreneurial Director to join our team in NYC to oversee development and manufacturing of our branded products. This includes products in both the nutrition and beauty space (i.e., plant-based protein powders, supplements, but also topical beauty). You will work with our Marketing team to identify customer needs and vet the potential of new products, and then collaborate closely with co-manufacturers and suppliers to develop them. We are looking for someone ready to dive head-first into a very entrepreneurial environment and own the development and manufacturing pieces fully.
- Finding and vetting strong manufacturing partners to make our products come-to-life
- Managing branded products operations, including procurement, supply chain, distribution and logistics
- Overseeing relationships with our contract manufacturers, suppliers and 3PL partner (warehouse), ensuring business is running smoothly, maintaining quality control measures and leading negotiations of pricing and contract renewals
- Proactively driving to reduce COGs and lead times, while safeguarding all quality, service and client testing requirements
- Partnering with marketing team on go-to-market strategy and product launch execution, including input on concepts, pipeline, claims and formulation storytelling
- Overseeing the branded products operations budget and P&L, with the goal of driving down costs across the supply chain
- Facilitating tech integrations across branded product operations, including our 3PL systems, order and inventory management software and EDI partners
- Leading project meetings across teams and functions involved in developing new products and championing the innovation process across the company
- A strong leader with experience in product development and supply chain in the food, supplement or beauty space
- Experienced managing contract manufacturer relationships and the development cycle to bring new products from idea to reality
- Willing and able to dive in operationally, with strong implementation skills; a ‘no job is too small’ mindset
- Process- and operationally - minded, easily able to connect the dots and drive efficiencies
- A strong communicator who enjoys problem solving
- A go-getter who can self-manage, define and execute new processes and strategies
- Experienced in bringing stakeholders along, soliciting input, and working collaboratively with leaders and teams across multiple levels
- A strong people manager
- Someone who will uphold Sakara’s values and represent the company well
Sakara Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.