The Director of Software Engineering, Naviance is responsible for leading multiple software engineering teams and establishing the best practices for those teams. This leader will liaise with product management, technology organizations and services to aid new features, functionality delivery as well as maintenance of existing SaaS products. This role is vital to ensure that we deliver value with technical excellence to our customers of our platforms for millions of students. You must have proven expertise in delivering software products, including new technologies and a passion to nurture existing high performing teams. You will play a vital role in shaping technology, product, security roadmaps and realize the engaging user experience.
- Own the engineering software delivery aspects; work with product management to help set direction; define an engineering plan to meet product goals; execute on the plan.
- Develop, implement and execute technology roadmaps, including non-functional aspects from security to production health.
- Hire, mentor and further develop a team of exceptional software engineers.
- Create team multipliers through best practices like DevSecOps, automation and pave the way for the team to focus on deliverables and build innovation velocity.
- Seek out and perform code, security, scalability, quality and sustainability reviews from other developers proactively. Accept feedback and make improvements.
- Thrive on variety and working on all aspects of building a web application, over the entire development cycle. We all do task breakdowns, estimate times, design, code, fix bugs, make suggestions, and work with the database as needed.
- Comfortable working On Call representing engineering and collaborating with our CloudOps team to respond to production alerts to ensure good customer experience.
- Build partnerships across multiple stakeholders to ensure team, customer and business success.
- At least 10 years of technology experience with at least 4 years in software engineering management roles.
- Prior hands-on development and building enterprise software product experience.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ownership, can-do attitude and data-informed decision making.
- Ability to adapt to evolving product visions and emerging technologies.
- Experience with modern best practices including DevSecOps, Agile development.
- Exposure to Cloud software and CI/CD tools.
- Prior SaaS product experience, serving millions of users.
- Experienced in CloudNative technologies and/or AWS Certification(s).
- Experienced in US Education technology market and products.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science.
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing.