Director, Product Development & Innovation, Cross - Border Payments
• Mastercard Labs is Mastercard’s global Research and Development division, focused on the evolution of technological and consumer trends and the implication of these evolutions on the payments industry. Our tried, tested and proven methodologies enable us to generate new ideas from a variety of sources, and fast-track the best ideas from concept through prototype, pilot and into commercialization faster than ever before.
• The Director, Product Development & Innovation, is an innovator who will drive the development of new solution concepts that extend Mastercard’s businesses and address the needs of Mastercard’s clients – Financial Institutions, businesses, and consumers.
• This role will collaborate across Mastercard’s business lines and interface with clients to advance innovative solutions from concept development, prototyping, through to client pilots. This is a unique role as it requires in-depth product design expertise, with a strong focus on transaction banking / treasury solutions, particularly cross-border payments.
• These innovative solutions will leverage a range of different technologies to create different value for clients (e.g. blockchain and distributed ledger technologies, various payment technologies, data science, machine learning, etc).
• Do you love to problem solve and create innovative business solutions that meet client needs?
• Enjoy a fast-paced, start-up culture?
• Have a track record of developing new products?
• Are you results and execution oriented?
• Drives development of innovative, new product and service solutions, with initial focus on cross-border payment solutions
• Generates and validates new product ideas based on market research and engagement with Mastercard product teams and clients
• Drives rapid prototyping, and iterative design of new products, collaborating with Mastercard technical and product teams, as well as functional areas
• Defines business and functional requirements and interfaces with Mastercard Labs technical developers to translate requirements into technical specifications
• Identify and validate value propositions and define business cases for new product concepts
All About You
• Significant experience in transaction banking / treasury solutions, specifically in cross-border payments and correspondent banking. Solid understanding of corporate client payment needs (Financial Institutions and Corporates) and the methods, systems, and operational processes that a global bank uses to deliver cross-border payments.
• Significant experience in product development of new treasury solutions at a global bank combined with deep understanding of payment operations processes (e.g. FX, settlement, exception management)
• Experience in innovating new products and services, from concept to pilot stages
• Results and execution oriented
• Excellent presentation, communications, and influencing skills
• Proven ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Entrepreneurial attitude, withexperiencein fintech or fast-paced corporate environments a plus