Director, Product Development, Global Prepaid
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Product Development, Global PrepaidOverview
The Director- Product Development & Digital Innovation is part of a global, collaborative team that drives the Company’s new product development for prepaid solutions. Key aspects of the role include the digital enablement of prepaid solutions across all regions, supporting the development of new technology, managing cross functional teams, and executing strategic projects and deliverables. The role also supports helping to define the digital strategy for prepaid and product development roadmap.
• Directs the development and implementation of strategic initiatives, mapping to long term and near term objectives. Includes the execution of new platform development, managing large, cross-functional teams inside and outside the Company.
- Works collaboratively across the Prepaid Product Development team either in support of key strategic projects managed by other team members and also leading new initiatives as necessary.
• Partners with internal stakeholders to facilitate product readiness, ensuring appropriate technology and legal due diligence, vendor reviews, contracting, operations, and post implementation support.
• Supports digital enablement of prepaid product solutions; understanding and application of market technologies including Mastercard assets, regulatory and competitive trends.
• Supports the global and regional prepaid teams, works closely to develop and commercialize new solutions.
• Supports the execution of the prepaid digital strategy and contributes to the product development roadmap.
• Aligns closely with relevant business units from across the organization to collaborate and ensure consistency on product roadmaps, leverage digital and core product knowledge impacting the broader industry, and advance digital initiatives on behalf of prepaid within the Company.
All About You
• Strong understanding of the payments ecosystem with prepaid industry knowledge/experience
• Demonstrated experience leading product and technology projects to deliver new solutions and bring them to market
• Excellent ability to communicate complex ideas and solutions to both business and technical audiences
• Strong understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends; international markets knowledge/experience a plus
• Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating within a cross functional team environment
• Excellent project management and presentation skills
• Experience in technology and product development
• Knowledge of the Company’s platforms, systems, and digital payments assets
• Bachelor’s degree required