Accountable for leading the Product Development Process including Discovery, Ideation & Selection, Feasibility, Launch Planning, Launch Execution and Monitoring activities and other duties for Aveda Professional Hair Care Domains, providing value-added perspectives or advisory services for impactful decision making.
- Lead product development strategy, including concept development, in collaboration with Global Marketing (including Regions) and R&D
- Manage product and package submission and approval process, including maintenance of a QA standard library with R&D and Packaging
- Oversee claims development and validation, including legal, regulatory and safety claims approval and clinical/sensory methodology and execution, for all intended uses and markets
- Oversee the creation of Fact Sheets and Product Profiles to summarize product performance, key ingredients, final claims and usage guidelines
- Guide ELC Innovation Efforts for Aveda's Professional Hair Color Domain including Professional Salon Services/Treatments
- Partner with Global Education and internal technical teams to ensure that they are involved in professional color development to ensure alignment with formula direction to effectively develop training materials
- Provide direction for the development of quality products that meet Aveda Brand Strategy, Mission and Green Ingredients Policy, ensuring products are launched on time.
- Partner with R&D in the detailed development of new and reformulated products providing approvals as needed
- Ensure product is tested for all intended uses and work with R&D to adjust formulas when needed to address concerns
- Evaluate all submissions and establish standards from lab through production.
- Evaluate reformulations and update production standards
- Support regional, consumer and innovations focus as assigned, sharing findings with cross-functional team
- Lead, coach, mentor and act as a role-model, contributing to the development of future talent for the organization including recruitment of new talent as business need requires.
- Serve as a brand ambassador, both internally & externally
- Attend industry conference and seminars to stay informed on new product and package directions and trends, sharing findings with cross-functional teams
- Research competitive intelligence and category knowledge for assigned domains
- Adhere to the decision rights playbook as established by Estee Lauder Companies
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Demonstrated success leading and executing product development process from strategy through development
- Strong project management skills with experience managing multiple programs
- Ability to effectively coach individuals across functions
- Sound business acumen, decision making, effective negotiation and collaboration capabilities
- Must be able to establish procedures, processes, and policies
- Comfortable leading in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with the ability to adapt and shift priorities to meet business needs
- Must possess an open, creative mindset and agility in thinking process
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge and experience with Aveda professional hair color, competitive brands a plus
Cosmetology license required in order to be on site and work in the Research Salon with the technical teams and R&D
Cosmetology License required
8+ Years Experience Job:
Product Development - R&DPrimary Location:
1st (Day) ShiftJob Number:
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.