Position Purpose: Oversee the entire life cycle of new product development from initial concepts to the market launch. Facilitate development of business and technology specifications and lead the deployment of products in the market in collaboration with operations, finance and business development.
- Lead research and development of new products and service offerings to leverage current and potential capabilities
- Coordinate and develop the product marketing plan and pricing strategies
- Collaborate with various cross-functional departments, and external stakeholders to respond to market trends and opportunities
- Ensure legal/regulatory compliance of new products and create policies and procedures
- Develop cost models including gross and net margin targets and profit/loss during product incubation.
- Responsible for on-time and on-budget launch of new products from concept and design to development and deployment
- Adopt new product development methodology and a stage gate approach for most efficient launch of new products
- Continuously monitor key market trends and identify new product opportunities
- Monitor and analyze product performance and make recommendations on modifications/enhancements
- Assess product performance to ensure they meet objectives.
- Oversee the related sales and marketing efforts regarding new products
- Conduct due diligence of vendors for potential program/monitoring business opportunities
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Business Administration, or related field. MBA preferred. 7+ years of product development experience, including significant experience in the managed care industry required. Project Management experience required. . Strong oral and written communications skills. Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff. Individual and/or Commercial, Medicaid, Medicare experience strongly preferred. Technology implementation and operations management experience preferred.